Limits of PathAway map...

• Hello,

I am trying to export a quite nice map of Georgia wjich I succeeded in making from a successful import of Google Earth...

Now that VERY nice map, and quite big one, is probably too big for PathAway...

So what are the limits of this one ?
    Alternatively, is there a way to break up that big one in as many small one and let PathAway do the equivalent of a qtl map ? I guess that the fact that that big map from G.E is actually a qtl map means that I should be able to do just that, but I wonder...

Thanks...

• Zitat von "Gurvan"

So what are the limits of this one ?

Hello Gurvan,

the limit of Pathaway MapExport depends on your hardware (Windows version, RAM) on the scale factor and the colour bits. You have to find out yourself - usually not more than 100 MegaPixel.

Regards - Anton

• You mean on the Desktop ?

I am using PathAway for Palm... ;-)

I was wondering if there was some kind of "batch processing" which would allow exporting all those G.E tiles as so many maps for PathAway... ;-)

• Hello Gurvan,

there are some ways of "batch processing" - first look into the manual. I'm not familiar with this task so maybe others can help . . .

You can take the whole big map and tile it during the export process
    or
    you can build "Pathaway-Tiles" from the original QTL-Tiles and export them.

Regards - Anton

• Hello Gurvan,

chapter "Multipage Printout" you find at page 251ff in the manual. You need a route or track to use the Multipage Output.
    You can also select many pages manually by "Add a page" in the Pathaway Export process.

Regards - Anton

• Sounds interesting... I had not thought that the export to the PathAway is actually some kind of "printing out"... I'll try that tomorrow !

Thanks...