error combining same type maps

• Hello, here is my problem. Hope one could find a solution for this..

I have hundreds of calibrated maps for oziexplorer
    each map consists of one png image file plus one .map file.
    Assuming that all maps are datum WGS84 and lat/long coded.

I use the ozimapconverter software to convert the .map files to .cal file.
    File convert is processed fine.
    Import of the maps with ttqv is ok. All maps are recognized and can be pictured.

Problem appears when I want to create a new QTL from all the maps. Here comes the error telling me i must use "same grid and scale and from type national-grid" calibrated map.

How do I convert my WGS84 lat/lon .cal file to a noutriag french with lambert2e coded one ?
    An automated task would help, because I have one hundred files to convert...!

Thank you for your answers..

• Hi,

these maps need to be reprojected in a way, so they use the same projection
    and map datum, join semalessly exact to the pixel and need to be of the
    same size. You can use i. E. GlobalMapper to reproject/join and then output
    the maps in a tiled mode!
    But, you will probably not get very happy using *.qtl. This mode is rather
    ment for realy small map snippets and may consume quite a lot of memory
    on lower zoom levels.

You may be better off to join your maps in GM and output them in ermapper
    format. Respectively, depending on the background of your work, you can
    request an offer to have them joined in TTQV proprietary *.qbr format, which
    performs realy quick and with little ressources in TTQV4.

Gruß Jockel (QV-Admin)
    Angefragte Daten für Supportfälle bitte schicken an info/at/quovadis-gps.com unter Bezugnahme (link) auf diesen thread, Danke!

• hi mr_manatane,

there is a solution for your problem: GlobalMapper

You cannot use TTQV to solve the task because TTQV cannot reproject map images.

If I use GlobalMapper to create a huge map I normally save in ECW format. It's easy to import the combined map into TTQV and runs fast even with files > 20GB

Regards - Anton

• Hello everibody,

I have tried the globalmapper software and converted successfully some maps to . ecw files. each one is imported without any problem within the ttqv map database.

But the plot remains the same : how to combine the maps so that they will appear at the same time on the sreen?
    May be I did not see one imporrtant parameter in GM, or did I misuse ttqv?

A +

• Hallo,

it seems that you have the map set of the UNL.
    For my intention the best approach would be to use the original calibration data of the map tiles.
    They could be extracted out of the tile reference file normally delivered with the original data files.
    A VBS script would do the job.
    In this file the corners of the tiles are in the wanted noutriag french with lambert2e coded one.

Rgds,

Thomas

Gewichtstuning fängt beim Fahrer an!

• hello again,

I managed to get things into order and the result is quite perfect. Procedures are a bit complicated because of hardware limitations, but they work well like that. Everything is done in two steps, maybe one will find a faster way...

1st step : transform with globalmapper every png / map coded tile into ecw maptile applying the correct proj/datum. It doesnt take so long.

This step was mandatory because GM cannot handle too many png tiles at once. The point is that you cannot configure GM so the temp directory is anywhere else than under local settings/

Maybe you already have a solution for that

2nd : gather all the ecw maptiles into a big one. It takes quite long (one night in my case).
    The result could be better. I submit the plot here, but the GM forum will be more adequate, so I'll cross-post there.
    once you have loaded all the tiles, one yellow border appears around each tile. The result is one the final map a wide yellow borderline beetween each maptile. I managed to have it less visible by choosing "darken" as overlay parameter and configuring "white" as background color. But the borderline is still visible as background color.

what is the solution to get this borderline invisible?
    Thank you in advance.

Regards, Philippe

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von mr_manatane ()

• Zitat von "mr_manatane"

2nd : gather all the ecw tiles into a big one. It takes quite long (one night in my case).

Hi Philippe,

maybe the AU_ECW_Compressor does this step faster.

Regards - Anton

• Zitat

maybe the AU_ECW_Compressor does this step faster.

excuse me, but I didn't understand anything at this software. it looks far too complicated for my use...
    :crazy:

I've found one solution to my second problem. I applied the following :

the maptiles I try to merge in my ecw file are surrounded with a white border, that get visible. Selecting 'white' as transparency color on every maptiles solves the problem.

3 Mal editiert, zuletzt von mr_manatane ()