TTqv digital maps formats (confused)

• Hello to everybody!
    I'm new here. I'm confused about the various maps file formats of the TTqv digital maps, such as the russian ones and others.

In some products I read:
    *.png map format, calibrated for TTQV 2.5 and higher.

in others (for example):
    DVD russian army maps is TTQV qbr-format, can be use with TTQV 4.0.108 and higher.

Qs are:
    1. Both of this formats, can be exported (in TTqv 4) as bmp files?
    2. Someone knows the resolution at which they were scanned (150dpi, 300dpi etc) sice this affect A LOT readability once zoomed on PDA?
    Thanks in advance.

• Hi,

Zitat von "maxlupo"

...1. Both of this formats, can be exported (in TTqv 4) as bmp files?..

*.png can be exported in larger portions to *.bmp, *.qbr can be exported
    in screenshot size to *.bmp

Zitat

...2. Someone knows the resolution at which they were scanned (150dpi, 300dpi etc) sice this affect A LOT readability once zoomed on PDA?
    Thanks in advance...

If you can read them on PC-Screen, then you can read them on PDA too.
    afaik they are 200dpi scanned.

Gruß Jockel (QV-Admin)
    Angefragte Daten für Supportfälle bitte schicken an info/at/quovadis-gps.com unter Bezugnahme (link) auf diesen thread, Danke!

• Jockel,
    thanks alot. That's what I need to know
    I also read online about an other ttqv format, pny.. is this the same as qrb?

So, in purchasing maps I need to check before they are in png format, since while using them in TTqv, I would need in some specific cases use them in other applications as well and that's possible only with png. Am I correct?

About PDA, unfortunately most of them have low-res screen (320 x240) and once zoomed they become fuzzy fast.