Exporting georeferenced aerial photos in arcview format

• Arcview doesn't seem to understand that the cal file has the georeference data. Can TTQV4 be used to georeference aerial photos and then have that calibrated map usable in Arcview or other?

Also, when you calibrate an aerial, should the projection be set to lat/long geodetic, and if so can ttqv orthorectify the maps afterwards?

Thanks a bunch. :)

• Hi,

Zitat von "ResConTech"

... Can TTQV4 be used to georeference aerial photos and then have that calibrated map usable in Arcview or other?...

No, TTQV is no GIS Software, and does not export any other type of
    georeferencing. There are some other reasons that would generally
    make it a little bit of a problem to import those *.cal files from TTQV.
    But if an other software wants to give import a try, we do not mind.

Zitat

... Also, when you calibrate an aerial, should the projection be set to lat/long geodetic, and if so can ttqv orthorectify the maps afterwards?...

Same as above and no, TTQV does not orthorectify any raster data but
    rather uses them as they are. Maybe you would like to have a look
    at Globalmapper http://www.globalmapper.com
    This software is much more suited for what you have asked here!

Gruß Jockel (QV-Admin)
    Angefragte Daten für Supportfälle bitte schicken an info/at/quovadis-gps.com unter Bezugnahme (link) auf diesen thread, Danke!

• Thanks for the speedy and definitive reply, and I shall indeed investigate the Global Mapper software. I have some questions regarding that software, but I'll review the trial and read before I post in the associated thread.

jockel, you're a star :)

• Regarding Global Mapper, Jockel was absolutely right,

Global Mapper did an amazing job, I georeferenced a lot of aerial photos from the 1940s and 1960s with it and it was nice to work with.

Thanks again Jockel.