QW2.5 and GPSmap 60CS download

• Hi

Until now I have used QV2.5 for tourplanning and downloaded the tracks to my old E trex Summit via the com port.
    My problem is, that I have just bought a new GPSmap 60CS, but it connects to the PC by USB. Is there an available USB fix for QV 2.5, so that I can download my tours to my new gps, or do I have to buy a seriel cable.

Jørgen

• Hi,
    for TTQV2.5 there is no USB-Option and will never be.
    With TTQV3 you must also use a serial cable for now, but we work on
    intergratin an USB option.

Gruß Jockel (QV-Admin)
    Angefragte Daten für Supportfälle bitte schicken an info/at/quovadis-gps.com unter Bezugnahme (link) auf diesen thread, Danke!

• Zitat von "jockel"

Hi,
    for TTQV2.5 there is no USB-Option and will never be.
    With TTQV3 you must also use a serial cable for now, but we work on
    intergratin an USB option.

This is quite unbelievable that there will be no USB for 2.5 and we have to wait for an undefined period for a fix to version 3. All this was predictable a few months ago.

I have both Ozie and TTQV and let me tell you that owners are much better served there. The patch is available since at least a week and available to everyone. What a difference also in marketing philosopy!

Even if TTQV is a very good program, there are a few things to improve...

NC

• Zitat von "cgytm"

Even if TTQV is a very good program, there are a few things to improve...
    NC

Hi,
    if you think, that no longer modifying and developing an outdated Version of
    our software is "bad service", well this is your problem.
    If you think, that it is bad service, having completed the development of a
    completely new protokoll via USB some time later then a competitor,
    well then you have obviously another problem.

BTW, did you ask Garmin to equip your Summit with the USB.....ah..no..
    sorry...I did forget...probably they have bad service too...... :lol:

Gruß Jockel (QV-Admin)
    Angefragte Daten für Supportfälle bitte schicken an info/at/quovadis-gps.com unter Bezugnahme (link) auf diesen thread, Danke!

• Hi there,

I got this from the Ozi support pages:

Zitat

Version 3.95.3g
    * Added preliminary Garmin USB upload/download support for the Garmin 60C and 60CS. There are some things that do not work yet and these will fixed soon.
    o PVT mode (using USB) for real time tracking is not supported yet.
    o Getting a specific single route using the OziExplorer Route Editor does not work because the 60 uses names for Routes not numbers.

That ain't so hot. To my unterstanding this is not an general USB-Support as you claimed that would exist. It is merely the USB-support for ONE Garmin modell, still in the developing state, with lots of bugs and problems.
    So you should calm down a bit, let the TTQV-Team make their job and be a little more reasonable.

So long
    Ortwin

Supportinfos
    QV-Version: PU 7.4.0.4 [ + PU 4.0.133 XP Modus]
    Desktop: Win 10-Pro V1909 64Bit, i7-3770K - 3,5 GHz, 32 GB RAM, AMD 6850 GPU / Laptop: Win 10-Pro V1809 64Bit, i7 - 3,5 GHz, 8 GB RAM
    GPSmap 76CSx USB / Seriell - GPSmap 66ST USB

• This is exactly what I mean by a very different philosophy. No sir. The client is ALWAYS right. You better adapt to his point of view instead of telling him that "he" has a problem. By so doing you gone get in big trouble shortly!

I sincerely have the same feeling that I had in France 30 years ago. I was feeling like bothering the personnel in restaurants at lunch time...

1- 2.5 owners have what you call an "outdated" product. Buyer paid good money for it and allowed you to make a living... and develop version 3. You should have better respect for these people and take care of them for a reasonnable period of time. A reasonnable period of time is at least a few years on cetain items like this one. What would be your reaction if there was no more parts available for your 5 years old car because it is an "outdated" model!

Those clients may well become your "outdated" clients shortly!

2- On a principle basis you should always try to beat the competitor. I really don't think that I have a problem by having such an opinion but YOU are again going to get into big trouble if you don't obey to this fundamental business law. Always stay ahead of the competition never be second.

3- What Garmin does, wrong or right, doesn't justify you of not being the best. Don't justify your errors by errors done by others.

Again, you have a very good products in hand. By far, Ozie is more popular but should not have such a dominant position. I think that you should revise your positions. Be more agressive and definitely client oriented. Stop thinking that YOU are right and the client is has a problem if he has a different opinion.

• Zitat von "cgytm"

..... No sir. The client is ALWAYS right. You better adapt to his point of view instead of telling him that "he" has a problem. By so doing you gone get in big trouble shortly!

Hi,
    I will certainly not adapt this philosophie. The client is not always right.
    And if he is wrong I go and tell him. This stupid "the client is always right"
    philosophie where waiters sell their soul to the fact that they live from ill
    behaving customers mercy and smile even if they are treated like garbage
    and where salesman talk half truth to the customers just to produce sales as
    they solely live from provison on sales is not mine.
    I afford myself the 100% luxury to say what I think if it is bussiness or
    private and I pay for that with a 14-hours a day job, mostly 7 days a week,
    to give the service the complex subject of our product requires.
    I offer exactly the same respect to the customer as he offers to me and
    he gets his anwer in exactly the same intonation as he posts his question.
    Know what, I am proud and happy that I do not have to sell my soul !
    And, no, this will not bring me into trouble, as I am only in trouble if I
    can not look into the mirror in the morning (I hope this phrase is understood
    right in english?). Nothing else would scare me :-)

Back to the subject NC:
    With the previous posting from Ortwin and me, all there is to say about that
    subject is said from my side.

USB for Garmins is in the mill. It is not as easy to implement due to the missing of
    indepth support/documentation from Garmin and we will offer it for TTQV3, not for TTQV2.5.
    As long as you use previous Garmin technology, TTQV2.5, the product created then
    will do. If you purchase most recent Garmin technology, then you have to use our most
    recent product too.

Beside all that, thank you !!honestly!! for considering our product
    to be a "very good one"! It is our philosophy that made it what it is!

Gruß Jockel (QV-Admin)

• Zitat

What would be your reaction if there was no more parts available for your 5 years old car because it is an "outdated" model!

This is not the point. There is support for the "old car", but you can not expect to get a brand new motor (much better than that of your old car) running in your old car! Nobody offers such a service.

Martin M

• Hallo zusammen,
    ich habe noch ein altes ttqv 2.5 Ich bin eigentlich nie richtig damit zurecht gekommen. Lag aber sicher an mir. Jetzt nach langer Zeit wird mir meine bisherige Methode einfach zu umständlich und ich möchte mir das neu ttqv 4.0 kaufen. Zuerst dacht ich mir, es doch noch Mal mit dem alten 2.5 zu versuchen, um dann im Forum nicht gleich die allerdümmsten Fragen zu stellen.
    A - Wenn ich das da oben so richtig verstanden habe, kann ich mit meinem Garmin 60cs mit dem ttqv 2.5 eh nicht anfangen.
    B - Also ist gescheiter ich besorge mir gleich das neue ttqv.
    C - Sind dann diese ganzen neuen updates schon drauf?
    Zu den Karten:
    ich habe bisher Austrian Map Version 2.0
    Bayern 3D von magic maps von 2001
    und die Alpenvereinskarten digital
    Eigentlich benutze ich nur die Alpenvereinskarten, darum habe ich ttqv auch nicht mehr gebraucht. Hauptsächlich brauche ich die Karten zum Bergsteigen. Eigentlich ausschließlich.
    Ich will:
    nicht mit magic maps in 3D über die Landschaft fliegen, sondern eine möglichst genaue topographische Karte.
    Das ganze vom Alpenraum, evtl auch Schweiz und Pyrenäen.
    Vieles von dem was ich mir so an Karten vorstelle habe ich schon im ttqv Shop gesehen. habe ich das richtig verstanden: die Karten die ich mir im ttqv shop kaufen,
    D - funktionieren die dann auch sicher mit ttqv?

Vorerst mal herzlichen Dank
    (für dieses Forum)

Roman

• Hallo Roman

Herzlich Willkommen hier im Forum :-)

zu C) Das aktuelle Komplettsetup findest du hier :
    http://ttqv.de/touratech_qv.html
    Updates findet man hier :
    http://forum.ttqv.com/viewtopic.php?t=7517
    Dann bist du immer aktuell.

Lade dir dir Demo von TTQV und teste sie 25 Tage in der Power User Version :-)

Wenn du noch eine 2.5er Lizenz hast, dann sieh doch mal hier nach :
    http://www.touratech.com/shops…cPath=1_7&products_id=243
    Ist dann billiger für dich :lol:

zu D)Alle Karten, die im Shop aufgelistet sind "funktionieren" mit TTQV
    Eine Auflistung aller von TTQV lesbaren Formate findest du hier :
    http://forum.ttqv.com/viewtopic.php?t=10319
    Zu den DAV-Karten lies mal bitte zusätzlich hier :
    http://forum.ttqv.com/viewtopic.php?t=10846

Liebe Grüße
    Bernd

Bei Supportanfragen bitte stets angeben:
    Welche QuoVadis-Version (z.B. 7.3.0.17 Standard, PowerUser oder Freeware) ?
    Welche mobile Version (QVM-W(2), QVM-A oder QVM-iOS) ?
    Welcher GPS-Empfänger wird verwendet ?
    Welches Windows läuft auf dem Rechner und wie sind die Eckdaten (CPU, RAM, GraKa usw.) ?