Crash when exporting bitmap files/ Plantage lors de l'exportation de fichiers .bmp

• Hi,

I have been using the export function of subsets of maps to bitmap files for a while. Up to now everything was OK, but suddently TTQV start to crash systematically when I'm using this function. I have done the updates, I even tried to reinstall TTQV on another computer with windows 7 (the previous one was using Vista), no change. Any idea?
    Bonjour,

J'utilise depuis quelques temps la fonction d'export de fichiers bitmap en sélectionnant des parties de cartes. Jusqu'ici tout se passait bien, et brusquement TTQV se plante systématiquement lorsque j'utilise cette fonction. J'ai fait les mises à jour, j'ai même réinstallé TTQV sur un autre ordinateur en windows 7 (le précédent utilise Vista), mais rien n'y fait. Une idée?

• - what version of TTQV do you use exactly?
    - what bitmaps do you want to export, format of the map-files.....

Gruß Jockel (QV-Admin)
    Angefragte Daten für Supportfälle bitte schicken an info/at/quovadis-gps.com unter Bezugnahme (link) auf diesen thread, Danke!

• Hi,

I'm using TTQV 4.0.127 Power user

I'm using maps of Africa from Reise know how in the TTQV format (QBR). I open the map, I press "file", "export bitmap", then "select a portion of the map".

Then I select the portion of the map I'm interested in, then I click on "export" . The window "save the map as a bitmap file" appears. I type a name, keeping the default extension png. Then "save"

Now the message "Touratech QV, GPS- Navigation and Movingmap stopped working" appear and the only thing I can do is to exit.

What I dont understand is that the process initially worked very well and suddently, the problem arose without any reason. As I mentionned, I reinstalled the program on a netbook with windows 7 (the one I intend to bring with me for my coming trip from Cape Town to Paris with a BMW motorbike!), and the problem is the same. Does is clarify the situation? Thanks in advance

• - did you ever install a TTQV4.0..127 complete setup on your PC, or did you
    arrive at 4.0.127 using updates? You should once have installed a TTQV4.0.127
    complete setup on your PC, simply rerun it over your existing TTQV4 installation
    - additionally install the latest Update for TTQV4 = 4.0.133:
    Update TTQV 4.0.133
    - then retry!

- If it does not work, for testing purposes, try to make your export to *.jpg file format instead of *.png
    Does *.jpg work?

Gruß Jockel (QV-Admin)
    Angefragte Daten für Supportfälle bitte schicken an info/at/quovadis-gps.com unter Bezugnahme (link) auf diesen thread, Danke!

• I have done the update to 4.0.133, which solves the problem. Thanks for your help. By the way, I noticed something which seems like a bug. Each time I'm exporting a map to a bitmap file, the scale switches from 100% to 90%. So I have to come back to 100% manually. Is it normal and if yes why?

• This is only to show you the selected frame and/or give you a chance to create an additional one!
    back to 100% is simply done by pressing the "1" key!

Gruß Jockel (QV-Admin)

• It's a little bit confusing because when you select a scale you don't imagin that TTQV will change it. But as soon as you are aware of it, that's OK. Thanks

• In fact the problem was solved on the netbook which uses Windows 7, but I have still the problem with my PC using Vista. I don't know what else to do!

• In fact the problem was solved on the netbook which uses Windows 7, but I have still the problem with my PC using Vista. I don't know what else to do!

- you did restart the VISTA-PC, did install !TTQV4.0.127" complete setup !?!? and then did apply TTQV4.0.133?
    - you may disable "VISTA User account control" (UAC) just as a test?
    - you have plenty of room on your system harddrive where VISTA resides?
    - did you run a system cleanup, deleting temporary files?
    - did you defragment your VISTA PC ?

Gruß Jockel (QV-Admin)