QV will not display maps

• I have a laptop which I use for planning and final storage of track data. The tracks have been collected using the on board computer and TTQV4. The TTQV4 software became corrupted and had to be replaced. I decided to install QV6 to make it possible to transfer planning data from the laptop to the onboard computer. The onboard computer runs Windows XP, the laptop Windows 7.

I installed QV6 successfully and was asked for a license number. I used the license number as per the laptop software but had to type it in. I am not sure if I typed it in acurately though.

I imported the basic world maps with the .cal files without problems. However when I tried to open one the map window did not open. They do open successsfully on the laptop.

I uninstalled QV6, making sure all data was also removed including the -lic (license) file. On re-installation I was not asked for a license number and the freeware version was installed. The maps were re-imported but again would not open.

I have also tried to install navteq2006Q2 which came with the onboad computer. However the maps are not calibrated even though they were used extensively with TTQV4

Three questions.

1. Can I use one license for both computers? If so how do you enter a license number once the freeware software has been installed?

2. Why don't the basic maps show in the map window?

3. Why are the navteq2006Q2 maps not calibrated?

Thanks

Ann Vrolijk

• 3. Why are the navteq2006Q2 maps not calibrated?

Hi Ann

The Navteq 2006Q2 does not work in QV6.

Here there are new Version
    http://www.quovadis-gps.de/NAVTEQ-vectorial-Maps

Liebe Grüße
    Bernd

Bei Supportanfragen bitte stets angeben:
    Welche QuoVadis-Version (z.B. 7.3.0.17 Standard, PowerUser oder Freeware) ?
    Welche mobile Version (QVM-W(2), QVM-A oder QVM-iOS) ?
    Welcher GPS-Empfänger wird verwendet ?
    Welches Windows läuft auf dem Rechner und wie sind die Eckdaten (CPU, RAM, GraKa usw.) ?

• Hello,
    first question: Did you own a licence for QV6?

1:Yes, you can use the licence for both computers! The licence is for your homecomputer and for a mobile laptop.

2:It seems, that you are using the freeware version. As far as i know, the freeware does not support basic images (as jpg, bmp etc.), only qbr and the online maps. Enter the code of your QV6 Licence and you will see the maps!

3: The Navteq of the year 2006 are not supportet anymore in QV6. Only the Navteq 2009 and the new Telogis are supported.

To enter your licenc simply hit the "?" and choose the enter licence dialog.

Greetings
    Denis

• Thanks for the help. :D

I purchased QV5 some time ago and therefore have a valid license. This has now been entered and verified.
    The basic maps are working properly.
    New Navteq maps will have to wait till December when I will have a postal address for a few months.