Problem importing waypoints from CSV to a specific waypoint table

• Hello everyone! I've updated from QV v3 to v6. It's great so far except for a problem with importing waypoints from CSV files. With the old version of QV, I could create a new waypoint table and then import multiple waypoints into that specific table. When I try to do this now, the software always insists I create a whole new database every time I want to import a file (see screenshot).
    [Blockierte Grafik: http://img811.imageshack.us/img811/5549/qv6csvimport1.jpg]

On the previous screen, I've clicked 'Waypoints' as the data to import, but it always seems to grey out the table selection options as if I was trying to import multiple types of data at once.
    [Blockierte Grafik: http://img5.imageshack.us/img5/3568/qv6csvimport2.jpg]

I've attached a sample CSV (renamed to .txt so I could upload it) and I'm hoping someone can help me figure this out since it's quite annoying to have to create and delete all these databases.

Dateien

• 12-0155.txt

(287 Byte, 441 Mal heruntergeladen, zuletzt: )
  • Hello csatlos,
    something's to be wrong with the CSV file. Whatever I set, I do not get correct position data.
    Please name the right column content.

Regards
    LUDGER

Bilder

BELAeasy MACAU

Fujitsu- LIFEBOOK A357: Intel- Core i5-7200U, 2.5 GHz, W10/64-Pro (32 GB RAM,) Intel HD 620 Grafik, 500 GB SSD inside
    Lenovo-MIIX Tablet: Intel Atom x5-z8350, 1,44 GHz, W10/64-Pro (4 GB RAM,) Intel HD 400 Grafik, 64 GB eMMC inside

EasyROUTES v4, QVM-A v3.5.2 beta (CYRUS CS 24 Work), QV7 PU v7.4.0.5, QVX PU v1.0.9.12

• Hello,

the csv importation process works fine, even with the "short" format you are using. All the waypoints are on Vancouver Airport.

Before starting the importation, you should select the waypoint table you want them to be stored in.

During the process, it is important to control the coordinate format you are using in the csv file. In this case, it is DMS.
    The control/rectification is made in the way I am illustrating on the attached file.

Hope this helps.
    Ludger
    (not the first one, friend of capital letters)

• Hello csatlos,
    now its clear. Some settings are still making. Or use the zipped "qifx" File!

Veloman,
    Da muß man erst mal drauf kommen. Hatte schon alles mögliche probiert.

Gruß
    LUDGER

Bilder

Dateien

• 12-0155-1.zip

(1,03 kB, 389 Mal heruntergeladen, zuletzt: )

BELAeasy MACAU

Fujitsu- LIFEBOOK A357: Intel- Core i5-7200U, 2.5 GHz, W10/64-Pro (32 GB RAM,) Intel HD 620 Grafik, 500 GB SSD inside
    Lenovo-MIIX Tablet: Intel Atom x5-z8350, 1,44 GHz, W10/64-Pro (4 GB RAM,) Intel HD 400 Grafik, 64 GB eMMC inside

EasyROUTES v4, QVM-A v3.5.2 beta (CYRUS CS 24 Work), QV7 PU v7.4.0.5, QVX PU v1.0.9.12

• Loudini
    I've used data in this format hundreds of times before this, so unless something in the software changed I don't know why that would be the case.
    Also, the software seems to recognize the points since it can parse them out (see screenshot).

[Blockierte Grafik: http://img716.imageshack.us/img716/1543/qv6csvimport3.jpg]

Veloman
    The points were always importing correclty, the problem is that I cannot ever import them to any existing waypoint tables. I do select those import options, but this step happens after the screen where you select what table to import to.

Before I try to import, i click on a newly-created waypoint table and then click the import button. Then I select the CSV file and click 'Next >'. I leave 'Waypoints' selected as the type of data to download and click 'Next >' again. But then on Step 3, I can never select the option to import into, 'Table which is currently selected in QV-Explorer'.

• Hallo Ludger,

das magst Du wohl sagen. Selbsterklärend ist das sicher nicht. Ich habe den Tipp mal von Tom himself bekommen, als ich mit einem csv-Import gar nicht klar kam, obwohl ich dachte, alle Parameter stimmten.

Inzwischen klicke ich bei jedem dieser Vorgänge auf "andere Koordinaten" und wähle das Format noch einmal aus - auch wenn ich es vorher schon standardmäßig eingestellt hatte. Schaden tut's jedenfalls nicht, und helfen tut's auch immer, was man nicht von jedem Medikament sagen kann.

Gruß
    Ludger

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von Veloman ()

• Hello csatlos,

The points were always importing correclty, the problem is that I cannot ever import them to any existing waypoint tables.

i have no problem to import to an existing table.
    Have you ever reset QV6? -> Wiki

@ Ludger's
    csatlos kann beim import keine Tabellen für den import auswählen, der generelle import schein zu funktionieren.

Gruß
    Horst

• Hello csatlos,
    try once this:
    Click on "QV-Data" => STRG+N => select "New Database / Create standard tables"
    than "click on the new Waypoint table" and try to Import the CSV.
    Does it work?

Regards
    LUDGER

BELAeasy MACAU

• Hi,

I remember having had this phenomenon of creating a new database with every csv import. It is really nasty indeed. But since a certain time it disappeared - I can't remember when and by which operation - and I am not able to rebuild the problem neither. Sorry.
    Maybe a reset of QV will help.

Another little hint: for creating csv files I prefer Libre Office to Excel. Its preferences (field and text separators, character set to be used) are easier to define than with Excel and its automatic processes. I often use text in slavonic languages. Libre Office asks me which character set I want use: Unicode, and it's perfect.

Ludger

• Have you ever reset QV6? -> Wiki

I didn't have time to play around with it for a few weeks, but I tried to reset the setting to default today, and it worked! Not sure what caused it, but at least it's fixed.

THanks very much for the help!