how to open maps

• Hello

I have change windows 7 to windows 8 on my computer.I have always all my reference on Quo Vadis 6 with all items but when I want open the maps everything is write in red and that tell that it's not possible to find it on the hard disk .If i go on the disk i find them in ttdv maps.How to make it now.I have charge a new set up quo vadis but it's always the same.
    Thank 's for your answer.
    Best regrds
    Maschino
    maschino@club-internet.fr

• Hi Maschino,
    if the paths have changed then the files of the maps will not be found (and QV adds the red background).
    When you run the QV setup again it will not change the paths of your maps or fix anything. The paths are stored in the database.

You've these possible solutions
    - deleting the map from the QV database and reinstall it on you windows 8 computer
    - or keep the map installation at the same location where it was when using windows 7 (same paths and QV will find them)
    - or fix the paths in the QV database manually

When you give more details, which maps have this problem, you may get an answer what would be best practice for these maps.

Gruß
    Dietmar

• Bonjour Maschino,

sur ce forum, on peut aussi écrire en français.
    La description d'un problème est souvent plus facile quand on utilise sa langue maternelle.
    On obtiendra des réponses soit en français, soit en anglais.

A+
    Ludger