cannot reload ttqv4, dll error

• Hi,
    I have tried reloading from my disc and get the error shown.

The gps cursor will not show on the map althogh i can get the gps details (lat long etc) at the top of the page.

How can i overcome this problem.....I am not very technically minded when it comes to computers, I did try qv6 but couldnt work out how to use it, thats why I want to use my old QV4

Andy

Dateien

• ttqv error.jpg

(250,19 kB, 36 Mal heruntergeladen, zuletzt: )
  • I want to use my old QV4

Hi Andy,

your 2006 version of QV4 is rather historic than old ;), the final version of QV4 is 4.0.127 and has been released in October 2010. You can find it and its final update 4.0.133 here, I suggest you download those two files, restart your computer, then install 4.0.127 and afterwards the update 4.0.133. If you don't succeed, please disconnect the computer from the internet and then disable your Norton Antivirus before trying again, Norton is notorious for causing troubles.

PS: AFAIR you must have administrator privileges to successfully run the installation.

Regards, and good luck!

Grüße
    Hans

"The universal aptitude for inaptitude makes any human accomplishment an incredible miracle." (John Paul Stapp)

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von Polarlys ()

• Thanks for the quick reply,

but I have tried all that, installing from the disc & the update, I don't have Norton on my toughbook, but will disable the antivirus software tonight when I try again.

I forgot to add that I am using Win 7.

The program seems to work, but the GPS cursor will not display on the maps, although the connection (NMEA) is established & ok,

its been driving me nuts trying to load it & I am off to the desert in 10 days!

Thanks again

Andy

• Hi Andy,

according to your screenshot the installation hasn't been completed. There's some more things you could try:

- set up the GPS connection parameters manually in QV's option page
    - make sure that writing permissions for QV's program folder and subfolders are enabled
    - disable the UAC (user account control) of Windows 7 before installation

Unfortunately I'm quite far away from my Windows 7 tablet at the time and can't crosscheck anything. In case you cannot get it fixed you may want to contact the QV office to get professional remote support for a reasonable fee.

Grüße
    Hans

"The universal aptitude for inaptitude makes any human accomplishment an incredible miracle." (John Paul Stapp)

• Hi Andy,

but I have tried all that, installing from the disc & the update,

... this is exactly wrong! Installing from disk and update does not help!
    You need to use the complete setup plus the latest update (both!) from the
    download page here!

Gruß Jockel (QV-Admin)
    Angefragte Daten für Supportfälle bitte schicken an info/at/quovadis-gps.com unter Bezugnahme (link) auf diesen thread, Danke!

• I suggest you download those two files, restart your computer, then install 4.0.127 and afterwards the update 4.0.133.

Installing from disk and update does not help!

Hi Andy,

To be clear: Please do not use your old CD of QV4 anymore, put it on the shelf and regard it as a nice souvenir of old times.;)

The update 4.0.133 depends on the installation of 4.0.127, so you must install 4.0.127 first.

Grüße
    Hans

• Hi again,

Many thanks for your help, the program seems to be working now BUT, I cannot get the GPS position arrow to show on the map (current location).
    THe NMEA , coordinates etc are all working, as is the speed when I am moving, but I cant see my position on the map.

Thhanks in anticipation ,

Andy