Linking Maps

• Hi,
    I have just upgraded from TTQV4 to QV7, I use Windows 7 on my pc.

I have uploaded my tracklogs from TTQV4 to QV7, and when viewing these in TTQV4,when scrolling along to view the track, if I came to the edge of the map a prompt on screen asked me if I wanted to open the adjoining map (ie North South East or West), clicking yes automatically opened the adjoining map

I cant seem to find how to get this happening in QV7, any help appreciated as I get a black blank area where the adjoining map should be, then I have to open a list & choose the next map & open it manually which Is extremely inconvenient!

Also can you confirm that when driving along using the GPS online, that the adjoining map WILL openautomatically and I wont have to stop & manually go through this inconvenient way of opening the next map.

I am assuming that I am missing a tick box in the settings somewhere as it worked fine in TTQV 4!!!!!!!!!

Andy

• Hi Andy,
    The concept of QV7 is much better than in TTQV4.
    You can/should open several maps at the same time. After you have loaded the first map (called primary map) you load all other needed maps as overlays which will be displayed at the same time.
    With the project manager you can control everything. This is very important.

Look in the Wiki you find at the top of this page.

Grüße
    Werner

Fenix 6X Pro, GPSMap 66s, 60CSx, Trail 2, Aventura 2, Horizon, Motorola One, GoPro Hero 7 Black
    QVX PU, QV7 PU, TTQV 4 PU, CGPSL 8, Locus Map Pro

Prof. Richard S. Lindzen:
    [..] It will be remembered as the greatest mass delusion in the history of the world - that CO2, the life of plants, was considered for a time to be a deadly poison.
    Wikipedia

• Also can you confirm that when driving along using the GPS online, that the adjoining map WILL openautomatically and I wont have to stop & manually go through this inconvenient way of opening the next map.

Yes, the maps will open automatically if you are in GPS-Online-Mode.

Subsidiary to Werners Post take also a look at the "Projects" in at the Project-Manager. With Projects you can load severeal maps, Tracks and Waypoints simultaneously. You have also the abillity to save all viewed Data for later use.

Greetings
    Denis

• Many thanks Werner & Denis,
    I will have a play now that you have pointed me in the right direction.

Thanks again,

Andy

• Delago, QV people and all other concenrned

As you can see and read, the notion of "Project Manager" is not so evident to understand for people who are coming from old versions of QV or from other gps-map softwares

From my own "experience", the documentation concerning this part is not very clear about concepts and usability.