Odd display at bottom of .tif map.

• I have imported a .tif map and when displayed there is an unusual pattern on the lower (south) edge of the map, below it's green rectangle. The whole width of the map has a small section of map repeated side by side. See 'Cap_150222_173626 - Copy.jpg'. But due to the file size limit of 300kB, I have had to reduce the resolution. (I can e-mail the full resolution file, if required.)

See 'Section1.jpg' for a section at normal screen resolution.

When I display the map for the area south of this map, this second map covers the unusual pattern.

The .tif displays correctly in Xn-View and ACDSee Free.

Is this a problem with QV or the .tif file?

The maps were imported from a set of .tif files from this website:-

<http://download.kortforsyningen.dk/content/velkommen>

One has to register and login and then move to:-

<http://download.kortforsyningen.dk/content/dtkkort50>

Then download 'K50_TIF_UTM32-ETRS89.zip'

This is the map used, 'K50_2010_630_50.tif'.

Background Info:

Using Windows 7 pro 64bit.

I bought QV 7.1.0.21 in December and have just updated to 7.1.0.28.

I have been using OziEx for many years with many GBs of maps for all of Europe.

I am now starting to build a new collection of maps for QV.

• I have been using OziEx for many years with many GBs of maps for all of Europe.

I am now starting to build a new collection of maps for QV.

Hi!

Sorry for not being able to help you with the odd display of the Danish geotiff file, but I may give you a hint for your OziEx map collection.

If you still have the source image files (e.g. *.tif, *.png, etc.) of your maps you might give OziMapConverter a try. It converts Ozi's *.map files to *.cal files as have been used in former versions TTQV3 and TTQV4 and can be read by QV7 as well. OziMapConverter works pretty well on European and Russian projections and datums but usually fails on somehow exotic combinations.

Another way to transfer your collection may be Mapc2mapc, but it is not free.

Grüße
    Hans

"The universal aptitude for inaptitude makes any human accomplishment an incredible miracle." (John Paul Stapp)

• Guten Tag,

Many thanks for that advice Hans.

(Any forum member who has interests in mapping programs, GPS, Ham Radio or Land Rovers; may communicate with me via e-mail.)