Maps install greyed out

• Hi everyone, first time using the forum, I have a problem with my TTQV4 Power User, I have installed it on my computer using Windows 7 Home Premium edition, I start TTQV4 and then F3 as it said for installing QVN maps to the hard drive BUT when you look at the selection of the maps even the demo maps are ALL GREYED OUT and won't load any of them, what have I done wrong or what is the program doing or asking? Please help me, Thanks

• Tom, I have it corrected on my desktop but not my laptop, the problem with the desktop was that Windows 7 needed the update that wynetwix mentioned to another person in the forums and had the links on here to it (4.0.99 to 4.0.133), so it's fixed. BUT when i would try to update through using the program TTQV4 it would always take me to the page to upgrade to the newest version 6 or 7. NOW i'm trying to get it to work on my laptop that's using Windows 10 and it won't work so is there a link that I can get an update to use with windows 10 and NOT an upgrade offering costing me more money to get a newer version when I'm happy with my version 4.

• Windows 7 is the last Version, where TTQV4 is running.
    Since Win 8 (and so Win10) there is no way and no chance to run TTQV4 (correctly). It´s to old and does not work anymore.
    This is because of the changed infrastructure of the newer Windows-Versions and the newer libaries which were used today in these OS`s. It`s simply incompatible with the old TTQV4.
    The only chance to use it, is in an virtual machine with an old windows.

Think of it, if it is worth spending your time to get TTQV4 work in an virtual machine or to buy an upgrade for an Programm which is older than 10 years and last sold for 6 years ;)

Greetings
    Denis