Installation problem

• Not the first time I see this specific error.

Still don't know, what causes it.

Maybe an issue with access-rights.

Try copying the pkg to a different location first, eg. the desktop and start installation again.

• Have tried copying it to different locations, & tried altering access-rights.

Still encountering the same problem.

• Sorry for the trouble.

Could you send the install.log to me please?
    You can zip and post it here or mail it to our info - email address.

• I am happy to tell you that while I am preparing the install.log & do a re-installation again, the installation proceeds smoothly & successfully without any problem!

Anyway, I sent the install.log to you for analysis. The log contains both the unsuccessful attempt in the morning (~10am HK time) & the successful attempt now (~23pm HK time).

Dateien

• Install.txt

(102,48 kB, 504 Mal heruntergeladen, zuletzt: )
  • Thx, thats great. I assume, the app is also starting and running fine?

I see all the unsuccessful attempts and also the last successful try.

Unfortunate there are no errors recorded, the log simply stops in the middle of the process.

Did you change something on the system before the successful try?

• I can't remember I have done anything specific before the successful attempt at installation, except I have opened the System Information & looked at the Log File.

Another problem pops up on opening the App. The App opens but it hangs up with a spinning colour wheel. It seems that the App's Explorer is stuck at the stage of "Reading Content......." A screenshot is attached for your information.

• I'm still just guessing, but tried something and uploaded a new version.

Please delete all traces from QVX on your computer, home/QVM_Data folder, the app itself, previous downloads and download the package again from our homepage.

Maybe we are lucky...

• I have downloaded the new package. Still experienced the same problem on installation for 2-3 times.

Then I re-install my MacOSX Mojave for some other reason. Now the installation of the QVXMac package proceeds normally. Don't know whether it is related.

The bad news is that on running the newly installed application, it remains stuck on startup, with the same spinning colour wheel, & the "Reading Content ...." in QV-Data.

• Just tried the new package. There is no problem with installation now. Bravo! 👍👏

Still no luck with running the newly installed application. Still hang-up on starting it. Do I have to create a folder named QV-Data & copy some data from QV7? The program seems to be trying to read data from this "QV-Data" folder which I don't have.

• OK, I believe, the installation-problem should solved. There was a specific switch missing in the script.

Lets face the next issue.

The program seems to be trying to read data from this "QV-Data" folder which I don't have.

How do you notice this? No, there is definitely nothing required for QVX to run.
    But still there must be something on your (and another clients mac as well) which is different from my 4 macs, where I don't have any problems, even if I try hard...

• The reason I say this is because from the screen-capture, under QV-Data on the left panel, it displays "Reading Content ....".

For your information, my system is MacBook Pro (Retina, mid 2012), MacOS Mojave ver 10.14.6, 16GB Ram, Hard Disk SSD 2T.

• I attach a System Report file for your reference, & send to Apple automatically as well.

Dateien

• Report.zip

(136,85 kB, 363 Mal heruntergeladen, zuletzt: )
  • Still no luck. The program can open now, but the endless "Reading Content...." loop remains.

A Force-Quit system report is attached.

Dateien