Using maps from TTQV4

• Hi all

Using TTQV4 for more than 10 years, I am now a little bit lost in QV7 specially with the automap function X(

In TTQ4, we could have more than one map to cover a whole country and we could pass from one map to another while GPS online or offline.

It seems that in QV7, Automap is not running correctly :(

So .... how to re-use my old maps in QV7 without having to merge them in one map ?

thx for your help

jm

• Hi jm,

QV7 is much more powerful than QV4. The concept of automap is no more necessary.

Use the project manager to open several maps at the same time (map overlay).

RTFM.

BTW: QV4 is outdated for already 15 years.

Grüße
    Werner

Fenix 6X Pro, GPSMap 66s, 60CSx, Trail 2, Aventura 2, Horizon, Motorola One, GoPro Hero 7 Black
    QVX PU, QV7 PU, TTQV 4 PU, CGPSL 8, Locus Map Pro

Prof. Richard S. Lindzen:
    [..] It will be remembered as the greatest mass delusion in the history of the world - that CO2, the life of plants, was considered for a time to be a deadly poison.
    Wikipedia

• I am going to be more explicit

For Belgium 1:25000, I do not have a single raster image (a PNG file) and its calibration file

I have 57 PNG files with their own calibration file . Every PNG file represent a region of Belgium

So while exiting one map, the adjacent next map would normally be automatically loaded.

We do not speak here about several overlays of the same map but about different maps being used one by one side by side to represent the country

Delago : RTFM done many times : create a project, load the different maps into it ; but no way I cannot pass automatically from one map to another one

As you seem to be clever than I, may be I can send you 2 or 3 adjacents files and the calibration files

So you can test it on you side

Thanks for help

• Hi all
    Forget my previous message.

I've juste realize that Project Manager was effectively the tool I have to use in spite of a lack of comprehension

How .. ?

I have loaded a first map and that add the other ones as overlay.

Doing that way, the project was automatically created

that's it

Now I will study a little bit more concerning this miracle :-)

• :pr:

Grüße
    Werner

Fenix 6X Pro, GPSMap 66s, 60CSx, Trail 2, Aventura 2, Horizon, Motorola One, GoPro Hero 7 Black
    QVX PU, QV7 PU, TTQV 4 PU, CGPSL 8, Locus Map Pro

Prof. Richard S. Lindzen:
    [..] It will be remembered as the greatest mass delusion in the history of the world - that CO2, the life of plants, was considered for a time to be a deadly poison.
    Wikipedia