Problem with demo version...

• Hello,

I am trying out the demo version of TTQV...
    I am using a registered version of PathAway 4...

When I do an Hotsync, the PDB file is available on my computer...

Whenever I try to import it in a database using TTQV, I get a record saying that the total length of my track is 0km...

If I open that record on the Palm, everything seems normal...

Is that a restriction due to the fact that I am using a DEMO version of TTQV ?

What else should I try ??

• Hi,

there is no restriction using the TTQV4 demo!

If you open the track in QV-Xplorer, is it empty or are there many trackpoints?
    What version of TTQV4 do you use exactly ?
    What version of PW do you use exactly ?

Gruß Jockel (QV-Admin)
    Angefragte Daten für Supportfälle bitte schicken an info/at/quovadis-gps.com unter Bezugnahme (link) auf diesen thread, Danke!

• Ok, thanks for the Info regarding the absence of Restrictions...

When I open the track in QV-Explorer it gives a name which does not look like what is in PathAway (For instance the PDB name is : Track 06-08-16 15-23.pdb. The name in QV Explorer becomes something like QV12.tmp). Then it goes further saying : Couleurs (Blue), Décompte : 0, Longueur 0km, Datum 30/12/1899, Durée : 00:00:00, Zone Horaire : 1, Track imported from NMEA Log: C:\DOCUME~1\Arnaud\LOCALS~1\Temp\qv12.tmp
    Import Date: 16/08/2006 21:44:10

I am using QV Explorer QV 4.0.72 Test version in French...
    Total Physical Memory: 654 900 KB
    Available Physical Memory: 440 136 KB
    Total Virtual Memory: 2 097 024 KB
    Available Virtual Memory: 1 937 552 KB
    Memory Load %: 32

• Addedum :

Pathaway version is 4.00.40 on a Palm Trèo 650 running Garnet 5.4.8 with 11,3MB of free memory...

I must add that the windows machine is actually a virtual one residing in the memory of a Mac using Parallels Software...
    And that the PDB file is copied from the Mac side to the Windows side by hand. That PDB file is about 68KB...

• Zitat von "Gurvan"

And that the PDB file is copied from the Mac side to the Windows side by hand....

Hi Gurvan,

to copy a file by hand can cause problems if the file is somehow converted automatically. To avoid these kind of problems you could make a ZIP archive on the Mac side and expand the file on the Windows side after copying the ZIP archive.
    Or you can use a FTP program on the Windows side and transfer the PDB file in binary mode - the way I do it with VPC on my iBookG4

hth
    Anton

• I understand that copying a file could lead to problems but honestly I don't think that this is the case as basically there are no conversions involved in that case...

I can send the file if someone is interested in trying it out... ;)

A new test, just completed, shows the same results even when ordering TTQV to take the PDB file directly from the backup directory of the Palm on the Mac. I did this test with another file in case the first on was somehow corrupted.

I think that the problems lies in the file content or file description...

• Gurvan,

- send me the *.pdb file so I can do a first check! service@ttqv.com
    - what size and file date is the file pwdblib.dll in your TTQV4 folder ?

Gruß Jockel (QV-Admin)
    Angefragte Daten für Supportfälle bitte schicken an info/at/quovadis-gps.com unter Bezugnahme (link) auf diesen thread, Danke!

• Hi,

just tried it with a Palm-IQUE and everything imports just fine.
    From TTQV4, what steps do you take exactly to bring the tracks into TTQV4 ?

Gruß Jockel (QV-Admin)

• The files are on their way...

What I do is easy :

- Use the GPS and PathAway...
    - Hotsync to the Mac...
    - Copy from the /users/Backup/*.pdb to the Mac Desktop...
    - Use TTQV in Parallels...
    - Use the QV-Explorer...
    - Import from the Mac Desktop which has been set up as a shared directory...

I also tried with the file being copied to the Windows Desktop to no avail...

PWDBLIB is 288kB with a date as 22/06/2006 19:12

Thanks a lot for helping ! If that one is solved, I guess that this level of consumer support will be more than enough to make be a "faithful convert" ! ;-)

• Hi,

your tracks import just fine here, located area around Paris, right ?

Zitat von "Gurvan"

- Use the QV-Explorer...
    - Import from the Mac Desktop which has been set up as a shared directory...

- what import option do you use exactly in the QV-Xplorer menu ?
    - did you set TTQV4-settings to understand the PW4-Palm data ?

Zitat

Thanks a lot for helping ! If that one is solved, I guess that this level of consumer support will be more than enough to make be a "faithful convert" ! ;-)

So let´s see what we can do ;-)

Gruß Jockel (QV-Admin)

• Right... An area around Paris... ;)

I do like this...

I open QV-Explorer and do an import Pathaway PDB NMEA Log... That sound like the right one, no ?

The options for Palm have been left as is... And that means I did not make any change... But the think is that the GPS is being setup as a Garmin. Should I change that to NMEA ?

• Zitat von "Gurvan"

Track imported from NMEA Log: C:\DOCUME~1\Arnaud\LOCALS~1\Temp\qv12.tmp

Hi Gurvan,

Maybe you have to use the "Pathaway PDB Tracks" option, not the "Pathaway PDB NMEA Log" option. As Jockel said, you have to select "PW3 Palm compatible" in the Palm/PPC options first.

Regards - Anton

• Hello,

The problem is that I have no Pathaway PDB Tracks... I do have a Pathaway PPC Tracks which, when I try to use it, gives me an error message...

QWError: -126
    PWDBLIB.dll: PW_ppc2txt error

That sounds fishy as I don't even have time to tell which file I want to open !

• BTW... I am using a French demo version... Maybe that mistakes come from that version ?

I mean I do not have any opportunity to open a "Pathaway PDB Track"... Only "Pathaway PPC Track"...

• Ok !

That sounds much better !

Everything was s mentionned except that I did not care about the PPC/Palm option as I considered that it was for Export ! ;)

Thus, it seems to work !

It gives me a problem of map, now, but I'll look into that myself... ;) Basically, it tells me that some point are NOT in the same, which sounds correct as I have no maps imported so far (But I do have a DVD from IGN which should have the right ones... ;) )

• Oh...

BTW...

Just like that...

:lol:

My manual mentions something about Russian or Soviet Topo Maps in its Table of Index, but there is nothing at the page (39 if I remember correctly...) mentionned... 8-O The part about Russian Ordnance Map is missing ! 8-O

Sounds like a great app !

Even though, now, I don't succeed in opening the damn French maps on my Georando DVD... :roll: But then I have not read that part of the manual so far... So, I will do some RTFM before I complain too loudly... ;-)

• Hi,

- Russian maps and many others can be purchased optionally at TTQV online shop
    - TTQV can not open whatever map-CD, only those, TTQV is prepared to
    open. I do not think you will succeed in opening your "Georando DVD", no chance !

Gruß Jockel (QV-Admin)

• I do have some JPG made of Russian maps... ;-) What I am saying is that on page 39 there is a reference to some "Russian Ordnance Maps" section of the manual... That the Index says on page 328 to look for it on page 91 and that on said page 91, there is nothing regarding those Russian Maps... ;-)

As for the Georando DVD, it seems I was mistaken by having read to fast the program description. I remembered reading that TTQV could read IGN Maps. And Georando is the new product from IGN that endeavors to cover France at the 1/25.000... Seems though that what TTQV can read are the older *.byo files from Cartoexplorer.

See Georando and Cartexplorer there : http://www.ign.fr/rubrique.asp?rbr_id=1211&lng_id=EN

Maybe something for a future version ? ;-) Especially as it seems to be a pretty locked up system : no export facility except to PPC... :cry: