• I have bought 2 Memory Map 1:25,000 maps version 4 and also several version 5 ones. All of these load up and can be viewed in Touratech QV3 (3.0.1.35) except for one of the titles which has four .qct files, none of which will open in QV3. I just get a message saying "MAPS openmap: Error opening bitmap c:...\...\thefile.qct. Why is it that they all open except these, when some of the ones which open are the same versions?

Mike

• Hi,
    - did you try to use this map with TTQV4?
    - more info about the map that does not load?

Gruß Jockel (QV-Admin)
    Angefragte Daten für Supportfälle bitte schicken an info/at/quovadis-gps.com unter Bezugnahme (link) auf diesen thread, Danke!

• Thanks,
    No, I haven't tried TTQV4 - Ver 3 works very well for me (apart from this) and I couldn't really justify the money for the upgrade.

The actual files which won't load are Memory-Map Ordnance Survey 1:25,000 Brecon beacons and Pembrokeshire Coast version 4. There are 2 map files os25_brecon_beacons.qct and os25_pembrokeshire.qct and 2 aerial photo files ap25_brecon_beacons.qct and ap25_pembrokeshire.qct. I also have the 1:25,000 Dartmoor and Exmoor 1:25,000 Maps from the same series, version 4, in identical wrapping which open fine in TTQV3 as do some same scale maps which are memory-map version 5. I might add, that I have bought these maps and they are registered to me!

TTQV3 is a really great programme for using in conjunction with Pathaway. I have Pathaway 4 for my Palm and my Pocket PC and it is great for transferring routes and tracks between them as well as the map calibrating.
    Mike

• I have now spent my money on upgrading from TTQV3 to TTQV4 and there is no difference in the problem of loading in these Memory map files. They work fine in memory map, but I want to load them into TTQV, calibrate them and transfer to my Palm which I can do with all my other Memory Map maps. The error message is MAPS_Openmap: Error opeming bitmap D:\.............. .qct

• Hi,

Zitat von "mshere"

I have now spent my money on upgrading from TTQV3 to TTQV4 and there is no difference in the problem of loading in these Memory map files.....

Sorry, but I asked you to !try! to load these maps with TTQV4, this is what
    TTQV4 Demo version is provided for! I do not have these maps and so can
    not give any hints what might be diffrerent with them. Maybe somebody here
    reading your message has this map an can be of help.

- what windows do you use?
    - how mach system memory has your PC?
    - how much space is left on your C:\ drive ?
    - what size are these map files ?

Gruß Jockel (QV-Admin)
    Angefragte Daten für Supportfälle bitte schicken an info/at/quovadis-gps.com unter Bezugnahme (link) auf diesen thread, Danke!

• Sorry, I wasn't suggesting that I had wasted my money. I was going to buy it anyway - I love the interface with Google Earth.
    Mike

• Sorry I didn't answer your question: I have tried it on several computers, 2000 and ZP, plenty of system memory and hard disk space. The files are not large by Memory Map standards the largest being 75 Mb.
    Mike

• Hi Mike,

please download this file:
    http://www.ttqv2.de/files9/mapsapi3.zip
    shut down TTQV4, unzip to "mapsapi3.dll", rename the existing file in your
    TTQV4 folder to i.E. "mapsapi3-old.dll", copy the new file into your TTQV4
    folder and retry importing the very map!

Gruß Jockel (QV-Admin)

• Guten Tag,

ich würde gerne eine Memory Map-Karte France IGN 1:100.000-Karte importieren, aber unter "Neue Karte importieren" kommt die Fehlermeldung MAPS_openmap: Error opening bitmap D:\....\*.qct. Die Fehlermeldung bekomme ich übrigens auch beim Versuch die anderen qct-Karten zu laden, beispielsweise die "IGN 1:1M France" (Maßstab 1:1 Mio).

Die unter obigem Link (aus 2007) herunterladbare mapsapi3.dll hat die Version 0.0.36, während bei mir (aktuelle TTQV-4-Version) bereits die Version 0.0.3.38-Verson installiert ist.

Frage: gibt es nicht einfach einen anderen Link? :-; Oder eine andere Lösung?

• mojn, mojn,

- installiere nach einem Rechner Neustart ein !!Komplettsetup TTQV4.0.114!!
    über Deine vorhandene TTQV4 Installation
    - dazu würde ich dann nach als Update das letzte Development Update TTQV4 installieren.

Dann versuche nochmal die MemMap Karte zu importieren.

Gruß Jockel (QV-Admin)

• Hallo,

habe installiert wie vorgeschlagen.

Die Übersichtskarten wurden jetzt nicht nur importiert, sondern sogar gleich kalibiriert.

Nur die dms_fr_ign100x.qct liefert weiterhin die bekannte Fehlermeldung.

Und nun?