Beiträge von rhklee

Hi

Yes, QVX is better than QV7 in this aspect. It can display height down to 1 decimal place. Unfortunately, I am still using QV7 at the moment because I need the X-Y plot function of QV7, which I think QVX does not have.

Best Regards

RH

Hi,

Agreed that a float value does not improve precision. It depends on the GNSS receivers.

The current device I am using is capable of an accuracy of ~5cm in the vertical dimension under optimal conditions. The magnetic antenna is attached on the roof of my car to record the tracks. I record the ellipsoid height with WGS 84, so vertical geodetic datum will not affect the height value.

Attached are 2 screen captures. The problem is that when I open the tracks in QV7, the precision of the altitude is not reflected on the display on the screen.

It would be more useful if the display of the altitude under the 2 settings can be improved from an integer to a float.

Best Regards.

Hi,

Since centimeter-level GNSS devices are easily available to consumers nowadays, is it possible to improve the precision of the altitude display of recorded tracks in Explorer & Maps to one-decimal place? In other words, from the current integer value of, say, 65 m to a float value of 65.1 m. Or, at least, provide us with an option to choose the precision ?

Sorry for the late reply. I've been away on a cruise for the past 2 weeks during which internet access is very limited or non-existent.

Bingo! The QVX program is working now! I shall have 25 days to try it out.

Many thanks!

I think I have found the QVX_Data which is located directly under my home folder. I copy the qvx.ini into the directory as suggested. However, still the spinning colour wheel & the application hang up. I attach the Force-Quit report for your reference.

Dateien

The reason I say this is because from the screen-capture, under QV-Data on the left panel, it displays "Reading Content ....".

For your information, my system is MacBook Pro (Retina, mid 2012), MacOS Mojave ver 10.14.6, 16GB Ram, Hard Disk SSD 2T.

Just tried the new package. There is no problem with installation now. Bravo! 👍👏

Still no luck with running the newly installed application. Still hang-up on starting it. Do I have to create a folder named QV-Data & copy some data from QV7? The program seems to be trying to read data from this "QV-Data" folder which I don't have.

I have downloaded the new package. Still experienced the same problem on installation for 2-3 times.

Then I re-install my MacOSX Mojave for some other reason. Now the installation of the QVXMac package proceeds normally. Don't know whether it is related.

The bad news is that on running the newly installed application, it remains stuck on startup, with the same spinning colour wheel, & the "Reading Content ...." in QV-Data.

I can't remember I have done anything specific before the successful attempt at installation, except I have opened the System Information & looked at the Log File.

Another problem pops up on opening the App. The App opens but it hangs up with a spinning colour wheel. It seems that the App's Explorer is stuck at the stage of "Reading Content......." A screenshot is attached for your information.

I am happy to tell you that while I am preparing the install.log & do a re-installation again, the installation proceeds smoothly & successfully without any problem!

Anyway, I sent the install.log to you for analysis. The log contains both the unsuccessful attempt in the morning (~10am HK time) & the successful attempt now (~23pm HK time).

Dateien

• Install.txt

(102,48 kB, 504 Mal heruntergeladen, zuletzt: )

Hi,

Thank you for your reply.

I think I can find a pattern in the QMZ map-file import problem. So long as I don't use the "+" mode, & instead use the ("..." + "Im-/Export") mode, there is no problem in file import at all.

I am happily enjoying using QVM on my iPhone 6 now!

Raymond.

Hi,

I'm using QV Mobile for IOS on my iPhone 6 Plus. I would prepare qmz maps with QV7 on my computer and transfer the map files to my iP6. The File Import works most of the time, but occasionally, the Import is not successful. The following message appears when the Import is unsuccessful: "Object reference not set to an instance of an object."

Any help is appreciated.

Raymond LEE

Hi Polarlys

Thank you for pointing out that I can re-use the Wellkarte qv5db file without a re-installation. That certainly simplifies the process of a re-installation.

Concerning the workaround, somehow it does not work for me. The re-imported track still crashes my system. In the meantime, I think I will continue using the 7.0.1.23 version. That is the version that has never crashed my machine when using the X-Y plot so far. But it's a pity that I cannot use the Google Satellite Map then

Regards,

Ray LEE

Hi,

I have done a direct QV7 7.0.1.39 clean installation as suggested. I'm sad to say that the crash still occurs consistently with one track while there is no crash with the other track. Please note that both tracks are exactly the same, but imported at different times as noted in my previous posts.

Concerning the qv7_debug_[date]_[time].txt, I follow your instruction and I still can't find it. I am sure I have seen these debug files in my previous installations before, but somehow it's not there in this clean QV7 installation directory.

Anyway, I upload the .ini, tv3d_debug.txt, and the qv70.opt files of this fresh installation again. Hope that it helps.

Regards,

Ray LEE

Dateien

• qv7.ini.zip

(9,37 kB, 374 Mal heruntergeladen, zuletzt: )
    • qv70.opt.zip

(1,41 kB, 382 Mal heruntergeladen, zuletzt: )
    • tv3d_debug.txt.zip

(1,34 kB, 384 Mal heruntergeladen, zuletzt: )