Beiträge von Landyman130

I have done as you suggested and here is the result:-

I have done a complete new installation of QV7, having uninstalled the existing program and all maps.

All maps were then re-installed and registered and tested. No data, i.e. waypoints and tracks installed, so databases empty.

Then QVX was installed.

QV7 was not running when I attempted to 'QV7 Import'.

My original image in the first posting shows all OK in QV7 and maps imported and activated. Larger image here:-

I started using QV7 Poweruser with HERE 2014, in 2014. I added Germany Top25. In 2016 I updated to HERE 2016. I also downloaded from the QV website some of the free maps.

I have just purchased QVX, but can not see any of my QV7 maps in QVX.

What have I not done.

Yes, this is not as comfortable as only to download the map, but so you have the chance to free your space on c:

Thank you for your reply. After posting the above, I also sent to info@... adding that a future update could be to use an .INI file to hold the folders used.

I received a very swift reply with good information that included that in QVX, 'qvx_data_user.ini' does what I suggested. Therefore hopefully later with QVX, I will be able to stop using QV7.

I decided to uninstall QV7 and start again with a new installation, followed by registering all of my purchased maps.

Then I installed QVX demo. I had a few minor errors, but restarting QVX and a few re-boots have now got QVX working, but without my purchased maps. I guess that I will be able to do this once purchased.

Alan.

I started using QV7 Poweruser with HERE 2014, in 2014 on a laptop with a HDD. In 2015, I added Germany Top25. In 2016 I updated to HERE 2016. I also downloaded from the QV website some of the free maps. I was able to select the folder for all of these large maps. That laptop runs Windows 7 Pro.

I now have a laptop running Windows 10 Pro, with a smaller SSD and installed QV7 a few months ago, but did not install any of my maps. I have just started to install my maps but before doing this decided to change the folders that QV7 uses in C:\Users\Public\Documents\.

I am doing this now as I want to purchase QV-X on this laptop.

I always call the Users folders the "Windows Back Hole" - files generally get dumped there and frequently get lost as there is no logical structural order!

I decided to use the advice found here:-

< http://wikiqv7.qvgps.de/doku.php?id=en:10_install:e_datapath>

I used Regedit to change the folders. I t hen used CCleaner to check the registry, only to find that an isolated entry for uninstalling Srtm30.

SSDs are usually much smaller than HDDs, so I setup a map folder for QV7 maps and downloaded " ArcGIS_World_Topo_Map" and one other. Then " Benelux-M". Both types of map are downloaded into the 'User' replacement folder on Drive C :. I had expected to be able to hold these maps in a folder on another drive, as C: was becoming full.

Is there a method of have large map files in folders of my own selection and not on C:?

I also have an error downloading / installing 'Benelux-M'. See error information attached.

I bought QV7 in 2014, but have not been able to make use of it for various reasons. I am now starting again using a new laptop.

I have the HERE 2016 updated maps and want to display two maps with the position symbol on both. One display will be zoomed in for local streets and the other showing most of the route.

I have the position symbol on one map, but can not discover how to also add it to the second map.

Can the symbol be displayed on both maps?

Alan

For Kartverket another way will be easier. Kartverket provide most of their raster data as MrSID files also, this format includes internal calibration, and QV7 can read it. So, instead of struggling with the world files I would suggest you give Kartverket's MrSID files a try.

Thanks Hans. I first started to download the MrSID files, but in QV7 I saw large areas of black around the map. I can not remember if this was before or after I upgraded to version 7.1.0.28. I see there is a new version available today.

I then used the UTM 33 maps and the black areas problem disappeared.

After registering on the website at http://data.kartverket.no/download/ it is possible to download topo maps at 250K and 50K.

I first downloaded the 50K set and found errors in two columns of maps. (Here a column is adjacent maps in a north/south direction.)

One column errors on import and the other column calibrates, but will not display when selected in Xplorer.

All of the maps are UTM 33 and cover the whole of Norway. Norway is in UTM Zones 31, 32, 33, 34 & 35. Zones are 6° of longitude width and latitude bands are used to split zones from north to south.

However, on the southwest coast of Norway grid zone 32V is extended further west by 3° of longitude. So Zone 31V actually covers only sea and Norway is therefore technically not in Zone 31.

The two columns align with this exception to the zone grid. This suggests that the .tfw file for those columns are incorrect or QV 7's algorithm is wrong. Or one ignores this zone exception, while the other does use it.

To ascertain where the discrepancy is, I imported the whole map set into my old program, OziExplorer, and all maps import correctly.

I know that the calibration in QV 7 is correct for all the other maps, as I am using QV's 'Here 2014' as an overlay.

I then downloaded the 250K set and have a similar problem in QV 7, but not in OziEx.

Has any one else seen this problem?

I have imported a .tif map and when displayed there is an unusual pattern on the lower (south) edge of the map, below it's green rectangle. The whole width of the map has a small section of map repeated side by side. See 'Cap_150222_173626 - Copy.jpg'. But due to the file size limit of 300kB, I have had to reduce the resolution. (I can e-mail the full resolution file, if required.)

See 'Section1.jpg' for a section at normal screen resolution.

When I display the map for the area south of this map, this second map covers the unusual pattern.

The .tif displays correctly in Xn-View and ACDSee Free.

Is this a problem with QV or the .tif file?

The maps were imported from a set of .tif files from this website:-

<http://download.kortforsyningen.dk/content/velkommen>

One has to register and login and then move to:-

<http://download.kortforsyningen.dk/content/dtkkort50>

Then download 'K50_TIF_UTM32-ETRS89.zip'

This is the map used, 'K50_2010_630_50.tif'.

Background Info:

Using Windows 7 pro 64bit.

I bought QV 7.1.0.21 in December and have just updated to 7.1.0.28.

I have been using OziEx for many years with many GBs of maps for all of Europe.

I am now starting to build a new collection of maps for QV.

I have recently received my Poweruser licence and the HERE map.

I have been using OziExplorer for many years and calibrated hundreds of maps for it. Naturally, QV will take a lot of learning!

I have download a selection of maps from:-

<http://www.kartverket.no/Kart/Kartdata/>

and attempted to display in the same window - see attached file.

I started with displaying HERE, then as overlays two other maps. One is a MrSID and the other TIF + TFW. See attachment.

I then attempted to use the 'Style' feature to set a transparency, but QV produced an error. The two error files are also attached.

I will attempt to load two maps as transparent, rather than change transparency after loading.

Any comments about my display would be appreciated.

My free evaluation has expired, so I can only use on-line maps.

I am unable to display the GPS location on maps. Is this because I am now using the freeware version?

I am doing my evaluation on Windows 7 Home 64bit, which presented connection problems with a BT GPSr, that does not occur on W7 Pro 64bit nor XP on other computers. But I have now resolved that problem.

In QV (the last XP version) clicking on the red right arrow + half radials blue rings (icon1), that is mentioned in the wiki7, 'Connecting your device', brings up the 'Assistent - GPS-Upload'.

In 'Step 1/2' displays:
    Brand: NMEA
    Port: Automatic
    Connected GPS found: NMEA device on COM5/4800.

But in the help, 'GPS-Online' , the 'GPS-Online - Settings', similar display can not be found as there is no spanner over radial blue rings (icon2) in any menu of toolbar.

The GPSr is a Qstarz BT-1000, that I've been using with my CF-19 Toughbook for many years.

This W7 Home computer also has OziExplorer and AutoRoute 2013 installed, although not running at the same time.

OziEx and AR are both working with this GPSr and displaying my home location. Each program is running on it's own without the others running.

Bilder

• icon1.JPG
    • icon2.JPG

I have learnt much more about QV7 as my free use 25 days is now about to end. I intend to purchase QV7 with the vectorial navigation maps when the new version of maps becomes available.

I found the French IGN set of 5 maps useful in learning how to display multiple maps.

They are a recent update (having used the previous version in OziEx) of the SCAN 1000® edition January 2014 - France Metropolitan: TIFF, Lambert-93 projection.

The file:-

SC1000_TIFF_LAMB93_FRANCE_2014-01-01.7z

is free to all here:-

<http://professionnels.ign.fr/scan1000>

Zitat

what Do you do before the Crash? Is there any error message?

I was loading (displaying) another map or loading (displaying) a track file. Errors were just that 'QV7 has stopped working' or 'OutOfMemoryException' errors.

Zitat

If you use MOBAC Maps that causes the Crash: Could you tell us in which Format they are and how many Pixels x Pixels they have?

The standard Mobac QV format. 'mapname (zoom).png' plus 'mapname (zoom)_png.cal'. Zoom is 15, 16 or 18 with these small area example maps I made. The largest .png file is 350,582 KB.

The .png file that I imported and calibrated myself in QV7 is 206,943 KB.

These are all small compared to my OziEx .ozfx3 map image files which are over 2 GB. However, .ozfx3 files are only part loaded into OziEx, like .tif images that allows paging from disk.

Zitat

Beside this: If you are an extensive Ozi-User and now want to try QV: Do you know the OziMapConverter? The Programm converts the Ozi-Calibration-File to a TTQV Calibration, which can be read by QV7:
    http://ozimapconverter.narod.ru/index_en.html

I have found that, but thought it would not work with QV7.

What is a maximum for QV7 map image file size?

I have now re-installed QV7 and done nothing other that a Microsoft regular update, including MSE. So far it's not crashed.

Having spent more time reading the wiki, I am discovering useful features not found on OziEx.

Many thanks for your help.

therefore my guess is, that the calibration of your map files created manually or by mobac
    are not created properly/do not fit QV and thus create the problem.

Open your maps, activate the grid display and see, if the units given realy fit
    to the calibrated area.

The grid indicates a close or good calibration.

However the problem is that having imported the .gpx tracks, I then needed to display them. I had expected them to display on loading. I am still reading through the wiki, but guess that data is managed withing QV and not in files within folders. So QV can hold the data and is then displayed as required.

The tracks display exactly where expected so the calibration is good.

It's a slow process learning QV as it keeps crashing. After getting a track displayed on one map, I opened a second map and while displaying the same track file crashed with an out of memory error. This suggests that error correcting is missing.

Zitat

Additionally, there is a 1:250K scale map of GB for free use in case you need
    an offline map:
    http://www.quovadis-gps.de/download-maps

Thanks for that now downloaded, but not yet installed.

Many thanks for your help.

I have just downloaded 7.0.1.39 and installed onto a Dell Vostro 3750 running W7 Home Premium 64bit SP1.

Yesterday, after a quick use of an on-line map , my first task was to import a new map. I chose a .png image from my extensive OziExplorer map collection and calibrated it with two corners. I eventually found that this had produced three 'calibration' files - mapname.prj, mapname.gcp and mapname.calx.

Unfortunately, I chose a map whose coverage area I had no track or waypoint data. So today, I made three maps centred on where I live in the UK, so that I could use an existing .gpx file containing tracks and waypoints. These maps were made with Mobac which produced only one calibration file - mapname_png.cal - per map image.

I loaded four maps and attempted to load a .gpx file, which caused an error. I started again with only one map and then loaded a .gpx file, but the data did not display. Then the program crashed again.

So maps display but I can not display data on them.

I was hoping to be able to evaluate QV7 by using the Simulation feature and following a track as it moved from map to map (at different scales).

My skill levels with GPSrs and digital maps goes back over 18 years, but I'm new to QV.

Any suggestions are welcome.