Waypoint altidude and DEM in X/Y Diagram

• Hi,

I have Touratech 3 and I'm using it to verify if there is a line of sight between 2 points. I'm using SRTM elevation files.

Basically, I create a route with 2 waypoints and I use the X/Y diagram feature to see the terrain profile between the points.

I have the "real" altitude for each of my waypoint. I can enter it manually in the watpoint Altitude field in the X-plorer. I was wondering if there is a way to use the X/Y diagram with the DEM activated and to have a waypoint represented with its altitude value from the Altitude field.

In other words, with the DEM activated in the X/Y diagram, can the Altitude value of a wapoint override the DEM value that is at that waypoint location?

Thanks!

Franco

• Hi,

Zitat von "franco"

...In other words, with the DEM activated in the X/Y diagram, can the Altitude value of a wapoint override the DEM value that is at that waypoint location?...

Sorry, no, there is no way! But, what would it be good for, if you do not have
    an entire DEM file of "real altitude"? The entire terrain altitudes inbetween
    may be of similar inaccuracy as starting and ending point ?

Gruß Jockel (QV-Admin)
    Angefragte Daten für Supportfälle bitte schicken an info/at/quovadis-gps.com unter Bezugnahme (link) auf diesen thread, Danke!

• Thanks for the quick answer...

As an example, if I had 2 telecommunication towers that are 20 meter above the ground, I would represent them with 2 waypoints that would have an altitude equal to the ground altitude + 20 meters. That way, I would be able to determine if the 2 towers could see eachother without any terrain obstruction...

• Hi Franco,

the Background of your question is understood, but the feature is not
    available yet. However, this is considered a suggestion for a future TTQV.

Gruß Jockel (QV-Admin)
    Angefragte Daten für Supportfälle bitte schicken an info/at/quovadis-gps.com unter Bezugnahme (link) auf diesen thread, Danke!