Printing Problem With TTRB

• The Road Book Editor is great, I think.....but I can't print?!? ANY other program or application my printer works fine but not with TTRB. I am using Windows XP Pro.
    When I open RB I get a message box before anything else that reads:

SERIOUS PRINTER PROBLEM!
    please check printer:Epson Stylus CX4200 Series

I click OK and it goes away and RB opens.
    I can use the RB editor with no problems until I try to print. Then I get this:

TTRB40.EXE-APPLICATION ERROR
    The instruction at "0x7c91888f" referenced memory at "0x0021f908". The memory could not be "read"
    Click on OK to terminate the program
    Click on CANCEL to debug the program

Clicking either button closes the program and nothing happens.

I have tried a few different things and sometimes I will get a different message:

RUN-TIME ERROR '97':
    Can not call friend function on object which is not an instance of defining class

OK is the only option and when that is clicked a second message appears:

RUN-TIME ERROR '429':
    Active X component can't create object

Again OK is the only option. Click ok and everything seems to lock up for maybe a minute then the "TTRB40.EXE-APPLICATION ERROR" box comes up and as before, clicking either option closes the program.

?????????????
    I am a little miffed at the moment. I spent all this money to get a program to create road books and I can't print them!!
    Anyone that can help I would really like some advice.

Thanx, Chris.

• Hi,

I recommend uninstalling and reinstalling your printer-driver, either using the
    same or updated printer drivers from Epson. The main issue is reinstallation,
    rahter then the need to have updated drivers.

Just for testing:
    If you install a pdf printer like "pdfcreator", can you "print to pdf-file"
    using this driver ?

Gruß Jockel (QV-Admin)
    Angefragte Daten für Supportfälle bitte schicken an info/at/quovadis-gps.com unter Bezugnahme (link) auf diesen thread, Danke!

• Thank you for the help. The printer doesn't seem to be the problem. It is something with my desk top. I installed the printer and RB editor on my lap top and it works fine. If I have to I'll just work from the lap top instead from now on.
    Thanks again, Chris.