EMTAC Bluetooth GPS

• I work on a portable Toshiba Portégé 3500 under XP tablet PC edition.
    I made the last update of Touratech (QV2.51.53 ).
    My GPS is an EMTAC GPS connected to the Toshiba by bluetooth.

This GPS is working very well with other navigation programs (cartonav, MS autoroute 2002, Maxsea).

With TTQV I cannot get the connexion.

My GPS setting are: Port Com 6, baud rate 4800, NMEA selected.
    When I select GPS on line, after 2 or 3 second I get the message: " No NMEA GPS found on COM 6 with 4800 baud. Please check GPS, settings and cable." Then, when I close TTQV, the COM port cannot be opened in the other programm and I am obliget to do a hard reset of the computer.

What are your suggestion.

Thank you for your answer.

• is your Toshiba BT working on COM 6?, my computer needs COM 8 in conjunction with the EMTAC BT connection

Gruß

Jan

• Hello,

are you certain that your EMTAC already has a satellite lock when you try to
    connect. The message you saw might have been created, as long as TTQV
    did not receive NMEA data with a "valid"(locked) flag.
    With TTQV2.51.54 we have changed it in a way that TTQV opens the port
    (no error message)but does not show a position.

If it does not work, could you please run TTQV in debug mode and try
    to connect your EMTAC. The log created then, as a file "debug.txt" may
    tell us about the problem.

How to run TTQV in debug mode:
    Open MS-Xplorer, go to your TTQV folder, there you will find a file
    named: "qv25_debug.bat", doubleclick this file, and TTQV will be started in
    ebug mode.
    In case you start TTQV several times in debug mode:
    Please rename the "debug.txt" file prior to starting TTQV again, as it would
    be overwritten by a new version of this file.

Please send us your debug file by e-mail.

One more: Are you certain that your EMTAC runs on 4800 baud?
    Maybe it is required to select an other rate ?

• Jockel and Jan,

Thanks yr answers.
    Jan: you are right I use port com 6. I will try com 8.
    Jockel: I am sure I have a satellite lock because I have a test program with the Emtac GPS where I can see the satellite reception. I have installed your last update TTQV2.51.54 but I still get the same error message. I am going to run the debug program and sesult to you.

• Jan,

In TTQV GPS parameters I have only port com 1 to 6 . How can you go to port com 8 ?

• Hello,

there is no reason that your Adapter should be definitely set to com8.
    You should be able to adjust it to whatever lower com-settings in the setup of your device as long as the ports below com8 are not already in use.

• Hi Jrougie,

I actually use my EMTAC with a PocketPC IPAQ 3630 and a Bluetooth Jacket which can only work on COM 8. I know from other Bluetooth devices, e.g. CF-BT cards that their Port is COM 6. So have a look to what your BT tool connects to. I use Oziexplorer with my PPC, since TTQV on WinCE level is still in production and the Easter bunny will hopefully let me use TTQV then...... :grin: :grin: :grin:

Gruß

Jan

• Last year I already contact you about the problem I have connecting TTDV with a Bluetooth GPS EMTAC.

Hereunder the message I sent you at that time

"I work on a portable Toshiba Portégé 3500 under XP tablet PC edition.
    I made the last update of Touratech (QV2.51.53 ).
    My GPS is an EMTAC GPS connected to the Toshiba by bluetooth.

This GPS is working very well with other navigation programs (cartonav, MS autoroute 2002, Maxsea).

With TTQV I cannot get the connexion.

My GPS setting are: Port Com 6, baud rate 4800, NMEA selected.
    When I select GPS on line, after 2 or 3 second I get the message: " No NMEA GPS found on COM 6 with 4800 baud. Please check GPS, settings and cable." Then, when I close TTQV, the COM port cannot be opened in the other programm and I am obliget to do a hard reset of the computer.
    "

Today I download a trial version of TTQV 3.0 and I tried again. Same problem I cannot connect. Settings are the same but this time I get no message and I am obliged to do a reset in order to stop the programm.

Have you any suggestion on this problem.

I have made a debug. I can sen you the debug.txt file by email if you need it. Please give me yr email.

Regards

• Zitat von "jrougie"

.....I have made a debug. I can sen you the debug.txt file by email if you need it. Please give me yr email.

Hi,
    send the debug to service@ttqv.com

Gruß Jockel (QV-Admin)
    Angefragte Daten für Supportfälle bitte schicken an info/at/quovadis-gps.com unter Bezugnahme (link) auf diesen thread, Danke!