Can no longer search after upgrade to 2.50.42

• I just upgraded to V2.50.42 from an earlier 2.50 version (I forget exactly which one) and I can no longer search for names. If I hit the binocular button in either the TTQV main window or the Explorer window I get the standard search form but all of the Search where entries are greyed out. If I actually perform a search I get a message stating that my Evaluation period has expired even though it lists Touratech-QV and the Geographic Names Database as Purchased Modules. My serial number is listed and it states that my code is OK (whatever that means :grin: ).

Do you have any suggestions for what I could do to resolve this?

Thanks,
    Kris

• Hello Kris,

don´t know what exactly caused that behavior, please try the following:
    - !!first!! shut down TTQV
    - open MS-Xplorer, search for the file "ttqv25b.ini", rename it to "ttqv25b.ino"
    - start TTQV again
    - try your search

If it does not work, open QV-Xplorer, check whether you can open the
    GNDB database and list the entries ? If you can not, you must point TTQV
    to the storage place of those GNDB files. Use "Database Icon" in TTQV-
    Xplorer menu!
    and/or
    open TTQV licence window and reenter your licence and save.

Please feedback, whether the problem is gone then.

• Jockel,

Zitat

don´t know what exactly caused that behavior, please try the following:
    - !!first!! shut down TTQV
    - open MS-Xplorer, search for the file "ttqv25b.ini", rename it to "ttqv25b.ino"
    - start TTQV again
    - try your search

Okay - now it gets weird. I tried the quoted suggestion and this fixed the problem if I performed the search using the binocular icon in the main TTQV window. Unfortunately the problem still exists if I perform the search from the Explorer window :-? :?: :-?

Zitat

If it does not work, open QV-Xplorer, check whether you can open the GNDB database and list the entries ? If you can not, you must point TTQV to the storage place of those GNDB files. Use "Database Icon" in TTQV-Xplorer menu!

No problems seeing the entries in the database.

Zitat

open TTQV licence window and reenter your licence and save.

I forgot to bring my license information in to work today. This will have to wait until tomorrow.

Thanks for the prompt response,
    Kris

• Hi Jockel,

Zitat

I forgot to bring my license information in to work today. This will have to wait until tomorrow.

I finally remembered to bring in my license information and searching seems to be working OK now. My current problem is that the 3D and XY diagrams now no longer work!! When I try and use either one, I get a pop up message telling me my evaluation period has expired - the same problem I originally had with the searching :cry:

I am currently running 2.50.46 (the google translation of the release notes for 2.50.48 seem to indicate that it shouldn't be used unless you really need it - but that could be the Google translation ...).

Do you have any suggestions?

Thanks,
    Kris

• Kris,

what type of licence do you have ?
    TTQV -light- or TTQV -full- version ?

If you do not know how to determin, please send me
    the entire licence information (all 5 lines) by e-mail.