Importing Controlled Image base Sattilite imagery

• :grin:

The program works great, Ordered TTQV3 can't wait till it comes. I used the map import/calibrate feature a lot, it allowed me to bring in raw JPEGs and bitmaps of maps not availible for ttqv. these were of course unrectified digital maps, My question is can digital maps that are rectified as GEOTIFFS be imported with the rectified data. Also is it possibile/how do I, import controlled image base sattilite imagery 10M CIB and 5M CIB (rectified) with its data.

Last question in ttqv can the complete map, track info and attached multimedia links be packaged (bundeled/linked together) to send as a data file over the email to another person who has ttqv. if so how? also if the entire thing can't be sent what can, can i send tracklog info over email so that he could import it into his ttqv.

Thanks for the great program can't wait to see ttqv4

• Hi,

TTQV can use the *.tfw file to import geotiff maps semiautomatic, you
    have to know the UTM zone this *.tfw file is related to:

- import the file
    - switch cal. dialog to "Projection"
    - select "Transverse Mercator" as the Projection
    - set the right Datum
    - enter the degree value for lon_0 respective to the UTM zone
    - then click "read worldfile", the fields are filled in automatically
    - save, done.

No, you can not use CIB files. We know nothing about this format.

Sending data, map:
    when calibrating a map, a *.cal file is created. Simply send the map
    including this *.cal file and the map can easily imported to TTQV.
    With the current version of TTQV the *.cal is created "on demand" only.
    This will change to automated creation with the next update.
    With the current version simply rightclick the map in QV-Xplorer,
    select export calibration to create this file.

Sending data:
    simply collect the data to be submitted in in Database. As a database is
    a *.qu3 file, you can simply send this database, this way keeping all
    format information of your data. Beside this, you may export Data
    (Track/WP/Route) as PCX5 file and send it that way.

Gruß Jockel (QV-Admin)
    Angefragte Daten für Supportfälle bitte schicken an info/at/quovadis-gps.com unter Bezugnahme (link) auf diesen thread, Danke!

• I am attempting to import and calibrate some high resolution satellite photographs. I have successfully done this on several occasions using TIFF formatted digital photographs. The most recent satellite photographs that I have received are in a 16 bit TIFF format. These photos will import, but appear black with no detail. I'm thinking that the program is able only to display 8 bit images and that is why these photos do not have the detail. Is there any program upgrade to enable it to open the 16 bit images.

• Hi Eric,

in general, ttqv does not care to display 16-bit images, but possibly the
    images are simply to big or it is a variation of tiff (tiff jpg compressed ?)
    which TTQV does not understand.
    What do you know about the pic ?
    Open it in whaterver raster software and save as 16-bit, *.tif -uncompressed.
    What size has the file ?

Gruß Jockel (QV-Admin)
    Angefragte Daten für Supportfälle bitte schicken an info/at/quovadis-gps.com unter Bezugnahme (link) auf diesen thread, Danke!