Downloading track data from Magellan 315 into QV 2.50.45

• Hello.
    I can't seem to download all of the track data collected from my Magellan 315 GPS into QV 2.50.45. The progam will accept all of the track points but it does not display any of the time, speed, elevation or direction information. As a result, the track replay function doesn't work properly.

I've tried the different download protocols listed on the GPS, but that doesn't seem to make a difference. Any suggestions?

Cheers.

MicMac

:-?

• Hello MicMac,

I will check with a friend who knows better, but if I remember right the 315 does neither keep the time nor date nor altitude with the tracks stored. But I will verify this.

If this question is allowed: "MicMac", does the name "Willi Dunn" tell you something ?

• Jockel,

Thanks for your prompt reply.

As for your question: No, I can't say that the name Willi Dunn rings a bell. Sorry 'bout that. :-(

Cheers.

• Hello MicMac,

here is the answer from Andrew:

Zitat von "Andrew"

Just double checked. The answer depends on the firmware version.
    I have firmware version 315 (yes, the same number as the unit designation)
    and it stores time and altitude. Older versions did not do that. You can get
    the newest firmware from
    http://www.magellangps.com/en/…grades/upgrade_gps315.asp

So no not get confused, the device is Magellan GPS315 and the firmware version needs to be 315 too, to keep timestamp and altitude with the track.