• Hello,

Over the years I have bought several French Topo CD (Bayo, with map in byo format)
    Apparently QV5 cannot read them :( (although QV4 did).
    Did I miss something ? ?(
    Thanks

Thierry Arbault

• Hi, TTQV5 will not read all proprietary file formats which TTQV4 was able to read.
    However, we still intend to add the *.byo format. But we are not certain whether
    we will succeed in this. Just as a note, there will be a French Topo mapset 1:25K
    in TTQV5 format in the near future.

Gruß Jockel (QV-Admin)
    Angefragte Daten für Supportfälle bitte schicken an info/at/quovadis-gps.com unter Bezugnahme (link) auf diesen thread, Danke!

• Thanks for the answer.

For me, one of the biggest advantages of the byo is that it is seamless: you can scroll and scroll and the tiles mesh together seamlessly.

Nice to know you will have France topo, but still I would rather use what I already have rather than buying the same maps again...
    Still: QV is head an shoulders above the rest of the pack: good work !

Thierry Arbault

• Hi jockel, any progress on .byo support? I have the same issue and have a bunch of 25k maps that I'm not all that keen to repay for! Thanks
    Eric Bissonnier

• Hi Eric,

sorry, we tried, but finally gave up on trying to build this in!
    Additionally we have reasonably priced 1:25K IGN Topo Maps of France

Gruß Jockel (QV-Admin)
    Angefragte Daten für Supportfälle bitte schicken an info/at/quovadis-gps.com unter Bezugnahme (link) auf diesen thread, Danke!

• Hi Eric,

.map?

I don´t know what format you mean with "map", but anyway, I have
    no idea about how to convert them!

Gruß Jockel (QV-Admin)

• Tomy point of view, it's a pity you can't use directly the .byo files into ttqv 5!
    one solution is to convert your ign coded maps into open format ones, like ew. But you will have to use a third party software like globalmapper.