QV v 2.5 and Garmin III Pilot Brain Teasers

• I will be very grateful if anyone out there with some experience of my combination of TT QV 2.5 and a Garmin III Pilot can help me with a few technical snags that I can't overcome. I am the recent and proud owner of a second hand Garmin III Pilot (v2.07) and the first thing I wanted to do with it was to link it to my TTQV and play, but I am experiencing difficulties; your advice on any of the following will be great:

1. With all transfer/interface settings properly set, I can not get my waypoint list (305 waypoints) to load to the Garmin. I know that there is connectivity between the TTQV and the GPS because the GPS successfully downloads it's tracks to the PC, but it wont capture the waypoints. When attempting to send the waypoints a dialogue box shows the transfer occurring, with a progress bar and reports 'transfer successfull', the GPS also reports '305 waypoints received', but I can not find them in the GPS - they are certainly not under the 'User waypoints' list. I even went to the lengths of deleting the existing user waypoints in the GPS and trying again, but to no avail.

2. My previous GPS was a Garmin 12XL and when I downloaded tracks from the GPS I would later be able to point the PC cursor on the track and a track record box would open with all the details of the data captured at that point. This data included the co-ordinates, time, date, speed and elevation at that point, however when I do the same download from the Pilot III, it shows only the date, time and co-ordinates at each point. The speed has gobe missing - why is this? Also when I play back the track the speed doesn't show and it does on tracks saved by the old 12XL.

Looking forward to any contributions. Many thanks, Cheers,
    Steve

please reply to: steve@clarisol.com and to steve@sangiopipe.co.za

• Hi,
    I am not certain, whether there are any general differences between GPSIII and GPS III Pilot!

What version of TTQV2.5 do you use exactly ?

If you download Tracks from your III that were stored in the saved log,
    then it is usual that all information beside the position is gone, no
    elevation, no time ist stored in saved log from Garmin side with GPSIII.

Tracks downloaded from active log should show location and time, but I am not certain whether elevation is stored in GPSIII Tracklog.

If you record a track with whatever GPS attached to a Notebook, then you
    will always have position, time and elevation.

Problem with uploading waypoints may be related to an outdated TTQV2.5
    release or to any specialities associated with GPSIIIPilot. Until now
    however, I have not heard about any problems.

Gruß Jockel (QV-Admin)
    Angefragte Daten für Supportfälle bitte schicken an info/at/quovadis-gps.com unter Bezugnahme (link) auf diesen thread, Danke!