Where are settings?

• I have had to reinstall XP from scratch. Although most programs found their setting back, thanks to the "settings and file transfer" wizard, TTQV fails to find automatically where maps, waypoints, tracks were saved.

Is there a way to restore its memory in one fell swoop, or do I need to chase the flock?

Tks,

Pierre

• Hi,

First you do a regular TTQV3 complete installation.
    If you had installed TTQV to the default location c:\program files\ttqv3\
    and now do this again, then you can simply place all databases in the same
    folder as they were before (c:\program files\ttqv3\qu3\) and have the map
    folders at the same place as they were before and everything should be o.k.

Gruß Jockel (QV-Admin)
    Angefragte Daten für Supportfälle bitte schicken an info/at/quovadis-gps.com unter Bezugnahme (link) auf diesen thread, Danke!

• Well Jockel thanks,

QV Explore restores all its structure and finds the tracks. It even lists the maps used in the past to plot some tracks, but when I select one it tells me that it can find it on HD.

I suspect this is since the file transfer wizard did some chaotic change of partition names.

IF, I put all my map files into one single directory and subdirectories will it find things by itself once I have pointed to the first map once? e.g. structure:
    MAPS/DEM
    MAPS/HGT
    MAPS/SID
    MAPS/SRTM3
    MAPS/SRTM30
    MAPS whatnot...

Tks,
    Pierre

• Hi,

I have no idea what a file transfer wizard does to files and I would never use it to transfer TTQV.
    If you locate your maps in exactly the same drive and folder, i.E. same
    path as they were before, then TTQV will simply find them.
    If store them under a different location, you have to locate the maps and:
    - in QV-xplorer mark the maps and click "change" and point to the new location
    or
    - delete the maps from QV-Xplorer and reimport them directly from the new
    location of your harddrive.

Gruß Jockel (QV-Admin)
    Angefragte Daten für Supportfälle bitte schicken an info/at/quovadis-gps.com unter Bezugnahme (link) auf diesen thread, Danke!

• Jockel, thanks.

FYI the transfer wizard (Accessories/system tools) helps transfer all files and applications settings from an old machine to a new machine through cable, modem or external disk. Works very well automatically if you have established the same partitions on both machines. Creates a bit of a panic otherwise, without losing anything though. Of course all the links are invalid. Hence my question.

I understand how to get it to work now.

Thanks again,

Pierre