Projection calibaration mode

• I want to use Projection Calibration mode. when I do that, the software wants me to anter the coordinates in degrees but I want to enter them in my national grid format. I have selected "National Grid" in the settings units manu but it doesnt work.

Please help me cause I want to use projection mode cause I know the exact projection and the exact coordinates of all four corners of my map in my national grid.
    If it help, the Grid I use wasnt on the default list so I had to add it manualy

• Hi,

if the coordinates you have are in your "national meter grid", then simply
    use national meter grid for calibration. What is the problem in doing so ?

What grid ist it?
    What units?
    What are the parameters ?

Gruß Jockel (QV-Admin)
    Angefragte Daten für Supportfälle bitte schicken an info/at/quovadis-gps.com unter Bezugnahme (link) auf diesen thread, Danke!

• From the manual I understood that Projection Calib. is more accurate than national grid.
    If it isnt right I'll do NG.
    Its an Israeli Grid (base on Cassini projection and Clarke 1880 Datum).
    The units are metters

• Hi,

Zitat von "knfevg"

From the manual I understood that Projection Calib. is more accurate than national grid....

no, this is wrong. National grid calibration is definitely as exact as a proj
    calibration. But, grids added by a user are always based on Transverse
    Mercator projection. If your grid is "Cassini" projection, we need all the
    required parameters for the respective projection and the national meter
    grid and have to add it ourselves with a coming update of TTQV.

Gruß Jockel (QV-Admin)
    Angefragte Daten für Supportfälle bitte schicken an info/at/quovadis-gps.com unter Bezugnahme (link) auf diesen thread, Danke!

• Ok, I'll give you all the parameters in the end of the letter.
    However, I use 2.5 version and I guess the update will be for QV3 so it wont help me :)

What is the best way to calibrate the maps in my case?

I have lots of maps to calibrate (more than 600). It actualy ONE map of israel 1:50K but broken into alot of small files.
    I know the EXACT coordinates of all the corners of the small maps (this coordinates is a part of each filename).
    I intendend to write a program that will build a .cal file for each .bmp file automaticly by extracting the coordinates from the filename.
    If you can help me by giving me the EXACT format of the .cal file it would be great as now all I can do is guess by examples :)

Parametrs:
    There are two Israeli grids, the old one and the new one. Both of them are in common use in Israel.

Israel OLD:

Datum: Clarke 1880 Benoit
    Axis: 6378300.79
    Flattening: 293.466234571
    Projection: Cassini
    Central Meridian: 35.21206055556
    Central Parallel: 31.73409694444
    Scale Factor: 1
    F. Easting: 170,251.555
    F. Northing: 1,126,867.909

Israeli NEW:

Datum: GRS 1980
    Axis: 6378137
    Flattening: 298.257222101
    Projection: Transverse Mercator
    Central Meridian: 35.20451694445
    Central Parallel: 31.73439361
    Scale Factor: 1.0000067
    F. Easting: 219,529.584
    F. Northing: 626,907.39

• Hi,
    possibly there is a way to add the grids to the latest release of
    TTQV2.51, but you have to wait, until the next development release
    of TTQV3 is out and the grids are included there.

Gruß Jockel (QV-Admin)

• Jockel, what about some explanation of the format of .cal file?

Can you give me the exect format specifications?

• Hi,

Zitat von "knfevg"

Jockel, what about some explanation of the format of .cal file? Can you give me the exect format specifications?

- I never needed them
    - Progi never wrote them down and refuses to discuss them
    - if I was looking into the ASCII file, the info required seemed to me
    quite obvious

Simply cal two maps, the values you know in combination with the
    differences you know about should answer all questions. This is what
    people did that coded around with it.

Gruß Jockel (QV-Admin)

• okay, just one more question.
    I am going to use Projection mode for calibration.
    I have a program that convert Israeli OLD into WGS86 lat/lon (decimal mode).
    Thats what I am going to use in Projection calibration. However, I cant understand one thing: if I use lat/lon values for coordinates what does it metter what projection I use?

• Hi,
    it does not matter what units you use.

Gruß Jockel (QV-Admin)