waypoints space

• Hi,

does anybody knows if, in order to free gps memory, waypoints could be
    deleted on gps and TTQV database once they have been entered in a route.
    I own a Garmin GPSV.

Ciao!

Mauro

• Hello Mauro,

you start into a complicated subject:
    a) in TTQV you may delete Waypoints as soon as you have inserted them into a route, in TTQV waypoints are completely idependant from Route-Points.
    b) Garmin "real Waypoints and Routepoints": as you upload a route from TTQV to Garmin, this will create a route plus separatedly the waypoints in your GPSV. If you delete the waypoints in GPSV this will delete the route too.
    c) As a new feature in GPSV there are routes which are built with "map-points". These mappoints can exist in a route only and do not exist as waypoints at the same time in your GPSV. But Garmin obviously wants to keep it as a secret how to create these points. There is no way for TTQV to create "mappoints".

• Hi Jockel,

one more "practical" advise then...

I have 3 database on TTQV, one for each country I have data for and of course the total number of waypoints & routes exceed the gps capacity, now, before I will upload one country do I have to manually erase all waypoints routes or the software will automatically overwrite any data stored?

Thanks!

Ciao!

Mauro

• Mauro,

you should definitely delete them !

• ... if a waypoint is part of a route, the waypoint is kept in that part of memory that is reserved for waypoints. A route is a "composition" of waypoints. A waypoint that is a part of a route, still MUST be stored in the waypoint memory area, because the route waypoint is only referenced from the waypoint memory area and is not stored in the route memory area.

I hope this helps for your understanding.

Regards
    Thomas