XY Diagram Print Out

• Is there a way to change the font (style, size, colour, etc) and interval of the x & y axis of the printed output? I know that you can change the colour and line width (somewhat) of the plotted line by changing the ‘style’ of the track or route but the printed output is still too fine. It would be nice to be able to include title blocks also.

Any suggestions would welcome.
    Thanks

• There are a lot of external editing tools to do this and I wonder if it would be the best use of time of the programmer to develop this.

I would screensave the XY plot, use one such tool, strip the axis values, chose font, color and rewrite these values, add titles as wanted. I use one such tool (compupic) that allows a complete editing of the original output, besides a lot of other functions.

Specifically for XYplots I go with Excel which allows what you are looking for. I export the QVtrace to a txt file, open in Excel, plot the values using the XY chart type, and change scales, intervals, colors, plot thickness, fonts, titles, etc. as I wish. Nice feature is that you can load a selected picture of your trip as a background to your XY plot.

HTH,

Pierre
    (edited Jockel, QV-Admin, for to see an example klick here !)

• Pierre

Thanks for the tip. I would have never thought of that. I just tried it out and it works great! I exported directly to .xls file format.

Thanks again
    Cheers
    Don