Beiträge von rhklee

Hi,

This is to confirm that I can't install QV7 directly, because when I install the Weltkarte maps using Setup-world4mio.exe (bundled with QV5), a message pops up saying that I have to install QV5 first.

Regards,

Ray LEE

Hi,

There is a big price difference between the QV7 Upgrade version and the full version. I presume that I have to install the QV7 on top of the QV5 version. Do you mean that I can install the QV7 directly? Will the serial numbers of the purchased maps for QV5 still work?

Concerning the qv7_debug_[date]_[time].txt, I think I have seen this type of files before, but somehow I cannot find them now. Where can I find this file?

Best Regards,

Ray LEE

Hi,

Thank you for your reply.

I have done a complete clean reinstall from TTQV5, then upgrade to TTQV7 7.0.1.39. The use of the x-y plots function on some tracks still crashes the system. Some tracks consistently cause crashes while some other tracks don't. It seems that newer imported tracks cause more crashes while older tracks imported a few years ago tend not to cause crashes. One strange thing is that the exactly same tracks imported at different times behave differently. One will crash the system consistently while the other does not. I have included the same two tracks in the attached TempA.qv5db & TempB.qv5db files, and the .ini & debug file for your reference.

Ray LEE

Dateien

• TempA.qv5db.zip

(160,31 kB, 372 Mal heruntergeladen, zuletzt: )
    • TempB.qv5db.zip

(160,32 kB, 356 Mal heruntergeladen, zuletzt: )
    • qv7.ini.zip

(9,72 kB, 368 Mal heruntergeladen, zuletzt: )
    • tv3d_debug.txt.zip

(1,34 kB, 360 Mal heruntergeladen, zuletzt: )

Hi,

To give an update on my testing: Reverting my system to my original setting by re-naming the qu7.ini makes no difference to the result. That is: your modified file imported under my original qv7.ini will crash the system while the same modified file re-imported under a re-named qv7.ini will not cause any crash.

I don't know whether this is relevant or not.

Ray LEE

Hi Polarlys

Thanks for your reply.

Things've got a bit complicated. Initially, the modified file still causes crashes on using the x-y plot. Renaming the qv7.ini file doesn't help.

However, with the qv7.ini file still renamed, I re-import the modified file again. Now, it will not crash the program on using the x-y plot.

I'll keep you updated if I've further information.

Best Regards,

Ray LEE

Hi Dietmar,

This is a gpx file which causes reproducible crashes in 7.0.1.31 but not in 7.0.1.23. Please note that it may or may not cause a crash initially, but sooner or later, it will.

Many thanks!

Ray LEE

Dateien

Hi Dietmar,

I still can't figure out which particular tracks can cause the crash. It is not always, but once a crash occur, it will occur frequently afterwards. It seems that crashes occur more often when the x-axis is "s" than when it is "t".

Renaming qv7.ini does not cure the crash. After the crash, I would have to re-start the program, use a track that works, choose the "t" as the x-axis, and the program will work again until it may crash later on when a particular track is used.

One thing is certain: there is never any crash in using the x-y plot when reverting back to 7.0.1.23, even when a particular offending track is used again.

Hi,

I've been using TTQV 7 under Windows 7 with no problem all along. However, since upgrading to newer revisions, I've been experiencing frequent crashes when I use the x-y plot function. I have to keep reverting back to the 7.0.1.23 version. The crashes occur for every new versions after 7.0.1.23, including the latest 7.0.1.31 and 7.0.1.39. The only stable version is 7.0.1.23.

The pop-up window include the following information:
    Fault module name : MTV3D65.dll
    Exception code : C0000005
    Exception offset : 000b0bc2

Any advice is appreciated.

Best Regards,

Ray LEE

Hi,

I need to transfer my TTQV6 to another portable laptop. A message in the online activation process instructs me to deactivate the TTQV in the other computer. Can anybody tell me how to deactivate the TTQV in a computer?

Thanks.

Best regards,

rhklee

Hi,

Do you mean the latest version 6.0.2.0 allows the entry of value of +13 in the Time Zone box? I'm still using the 6.0.1.6 version because DEM of New Zealand would not work in 6.0.2.0, although it has been working previously in the 6.0.1.6 version. DEMs of Northern Hemisphere (eg. France) continue working normally.

I'm certainly interested in the Navteq2012 map for Hong Kong. I'll definitely have a look.

rhklee

Dear Holger Issle,

Thank you for your advice. I am contemplating buying a laptop from IBM/Lenovo. I would better check with them first about XP drivers before I commit myself to the purchase.

rhklee

Hi,

Zitat

No device meant for business use comes with Vista drivers only.

It's reassuring to hear this.

rhklee

Hi,

Thank you all for your advice. It makes sense that it is not a good idea to upgrade from XP to Vista.

Perhaps I have not made my situaton clear. I am also considering buying a new laptop. The problem is that most of them have Vista pre-loaded. I can downgrade the operating system to WinXP after the purchase, but it introduces other issues like getting updated XP drivers for the new laptop hardware.

Regards

rhklee

Hi,

You are right!

Following your advice, I uninstall GE, kill any GE registry items, and reinstall GE. Bingo! Everything works perfectly now.

Your statement "A defective registry entry causing file calls not to be masked in quotes prior to handing them to GE" certainly makes good sense.

Many thanks!

rhklee,
    one happy TTQV4 user.