Beiträge von thermidorthelobster

I'm using a number of raster maps of Iceland from Landmaelingar Islands (http://www.lmi.com). They come with map reading software called VisIT. VisIT is written by the Danish National Survey and Cadastre (http://www.kms.dk/English/). VisIT uses its own map format, ".IT".

I've imported publicly-available Mapsource vector maps of Iceland into TTQV and put together a number of tracks and waypoints. I can't seem to load these into VisIT. Therefore I would like to try to import the VisIT ".IT" maps into TTQV. There is an option to export maps from VisIT to .bmp format, but it doesn't seem to do anything (no file is created - just an error message).

Has anybody come across these and worked out a way to import them?

TIA, David

Hi Jockel,

After reading your post I've read around a bit and I didn't realise the Memory-Map data was encrypted. Sorry :oops:

If I work it out I'll let you know!

Meanwhile, if TTQV users create their own .cal files for Memory-Map data, could those .cal files be shared on the TTQV website, or would this just cause copyright issues? I've just calibrated some of the maps and aerial photos I use, which is quite time-consuming, and it would be nice to be able to share the calibration files with other users, to save them having to do the same thing.

David

I know there are several threads in different languages about Memory Map but none of them seem to answer this -

Why do I have to manually calibrate every Memory-Map map if I import it into TTQV? (Or find a calibration file from somebody who has already.) Isn't it possible for TTQV to pick out the in-built calibration data which Memory-Map uses for the same maps?

I love the way TTQV will handle Mapsource data and various other formats without any difficulty at all, but it's a shame it's not so good with Memory-Map.

Thanks, David

I'll check and email you some of the filenames of the maps I'm using later, but it is possible to use 2004 maps with mm2005; you can edit the maps with a hex editor and change the "2004" string to "2005", which overcomes the mechanism which normally prevents this!

Thanks, Bill. I've updated my profile. I'll keep my fingers crossed that the .cal fairy is listening...

The products I'm trying to load include the majority of the 1:25K, 1:50K and Aerial Photo coverage of the UK. So if any .cals are out there I've probably got the data to go with them!

The aerial photos are particularly fiddly to import as you don't even get gridlines. I take it there's no way of automatically munging the .qed files into a worldfile?

Apologies if this question has already been answered; my German isn't good enough to read the replies.

I'd like to import Memory-Map maps into TTQV. They import OK but I have to calibrate them manually. This isn't much fun as I have quite a few to import.

Is there a way to pick up the calibration data automatically?

Memory-Map stores its main data in .qct files, and the metadata in an associated .qed file. I can pick up the .qct files from TTQV, but it can't make sense of the .qed files, which presumably contain the calibration data.

Thanks.
    David

Hi,

I'm new to TTQV but I'm considering buying QV4 for a trip to West Africa later this year.

I'm considering either buying the 1:500,000 West Africa CD, or a set of the following:
    1:200,000 Mali
    1:250,000 Morocco & Western Sahara
    1:200,000 Mauretania & North Senegal
    1:200,000 Niger

However, until I see examples of these maps, it's very hard to know what to buy. I've spoken to Touratech in UK and also in Germany, but they are not able to provide me sample maps, and suggested I post a message on this forum instead.

Does anybody here have these products & would be willing to send me a *screenshot* (not the maps themselves, as that would be breaking copyright) so I can decide what to buy?

Please post here or PM me and I'll provide a contact email address.

Thanks,
    David