Beiträge von pdevanney

Tom,

If the extra effort is reasonable I would be very interested to know how to do this. It would be very useful. Is there any documentation on how to do this?

thanks

Peter

Does QV6 have any means to support multiple users working from the same database? If not directly are there any workarounds or workflows that would accomplish this in a reasonable way in near real time?

The use case is 2-3 workstations simultaneously working with maps, tracks etc. For example, one is downloading tracks from a GPS while the other is manipulating that data on the map.

Peter
    SAR Global 1
    Ottawa Canada

Dear Harry

Thank-you for taking the time to re-confirm your set-up. It is encouraging that you are able to display stations OK.

I am not sure what to try next, but would like to try and resolve the issue as it will be very useful for me and our search and rescue team.

I have captured a few minutes of text via hyperterminal from the Kantronics KPC3+ TNC. I am wondering how we get it looked at by the developers to see if there is some minor incompatibility. I have attached the file but if there is any problem with it, here is a link to the file as well

https://www.dropbox.com/s/0vl45ucnu5aezul/KPC3%2B%20Dump.TXT

Best regards

Peter

Dateien

• KPC3+ Dump.TXT

(3,62 kB, 931 Mal heruntergeladen, zuletzt: )

Dear Harry

Thank-you for the feedback and suggestion. I have tried selecting a 9600 BAUD rate but still have the same trouble. No data showing on the console or as positions on the right side of the Multitracking screen.

Do you know if a TCP socket connection to UI-View or AGWPE might work. I seem to recall mention of AGWPE with TTQV 4.

Getting multitracking working with APRS will be very useful for our SAR team and I expect with many hams as well.

Any other suggestions?

I may ask on the APRS SIG if anyone else has tried this with the KPC3+ or other non SCS TNC.

Best regards
    Peter
    Ottawa, Canada

I am a current TTQV 4 user.
    I am trying to get Multitracking working with the demo version of QV 6.0.7.0

I am able to create a Multitracking table and set configuration and protocol to APRS.

I am able to have QV open the serial port but on test reports serial port OK but nothing coming from attached device.

I am using a Kantronics KPC-3 Plus TNC connected via a serial connection (no USB converter) to COM1 on my WinXP laptop. The TNC is in terminal mode.

When I check with Hyperterm there is lots of data coming from the TNC as UI frames. I use the same serial port config for both Hyperterm and QV6 ie 4800,1

I see nothing on the Multitracking console and nothing on the map in QV6

Should the TNC be in KISS mode or some other configuration I am missing?

Cheers

Peter

Is there a means to define an exact circle radius?

I have tried to to adjust the diameter of a circle from the item on the drawings list. It shows what looks to be an editable cell for length/scope. After drawing the circle with the mouse, this field shows a value. It looks like I can edit it but when I do it seems to lose the edit and the circle stays the same dimension.

Regards

Peter