Beiträge von jackrabbit

In QVX, in the QuickStart page, section "Planning a route", I create a new route, the "Append points" is highlited.

How do I go about adding points to my route? I tryed clicking in the map, right-clicking in the map, with or without special keys. The QuickStart does not me me any clues on how that managed to add new points to the route.

I did all my Windows Update, I tried to uninstall and re-install TTQV4, followed by the TTQV update #133, and I still get this error three times when I start TTQV.

What is "Microsoft Platform SDK" anyway? I never heard of this package before.

My PC running with Windows XP SP3 is back from a repair, but now when I start TTQV 4 (update 127), I get the following error. If I click on CANCEL, I get this error two more times, then TTQV starts anyway.

I tried uninstalling TTQV 4 and re-installing it, I still get this error. I googled for "Microsoft Platform SDK" but I do not see anyting related to Windows XP. What package am I missing?

[Blockierte Grafik: http://www.guideautoweb.com/forumquad/jackrabbit/temp/Bug.png]

Do you have an example of a Worldfile that defines 256x256 pixel tiles like they use on GoogleMaps / YahooMaps / VirtualEarth / OpenStreetsMap ?

I extract the tiles with my own program, so I can number them the way I want and I could generate the worldfile at the same time.

I downloaded all the 256x256 pixels tiles of a square region of Microsoft's VirtualEarth at a specific zoom level into a folder.

How can I create a *.cal file so that I can use my tiles in TTQV4?

Do I have to name the tiles in a specific way to allow the *.cal file to find the appropriate tiles when panning my map?

I did not see any BUG report section on the forum, so I am posting here.

BUG: If you create a new database and copy a track table to it, then you delete the track table. Now if you select the database followed by any actions (Showm Send to GPS, etc) the track table deleted flag will be ignored and the deleted track will be shown, sent, etc. Compressing the database fixes the problem.

SUGGESTION for STYLE:
    In the X-plorer, the STYLE button should really moved to a different place. I always try to make the X-plorer window as small as possible to leave as much space as possible for my maps. The STYLE button is almost always hiddent undwer the SAVE button. Either move the STYLE or SAVE button, to allow a narrower, still usable X-Plorer.

SUGGESTION for FORUM:
    Rename all sections with English / German label. For someone that does not understand German, it is very hard to post in the right section. A Bug Report section would also be nice!

Here are a few minor improvements that would be nice for TTQV 4:

A really nice feature of TTQV 4 is the ability to make a transparent map out of TTQV data (tracks, drawing, routes, WP) and then download this map along with regular commercial maps to the GPS. This way we can display tracks with unlimited number of trackpoints or unlimited number of POI to our GPS instead of the usual Garmin limit. Here are a few minor changes that would simplify this process a lot:

- If my Garmin database was built with the TDB, I can use the Select Tiles to send part of a commercial map to my GPS but I do not have the possibility to add an external map (IMG) that contains my transparent data (tracks, drawing, routes, wps)

OR

- Allow the creation of a database from the selected tiles (IMG), so I can add my transparent maps containing my data (tracks, drawing, routes, wps) to the database before I send every thing to my Garmin GPS.

Other suggestions:

- When displaying a map based on a TDB, the starting zoom should be the lowest zoom level that shows the tiles delimiters. Ideally, the tiles delimiters should be visible at all zooms (like MapSource), so I could only click on Show All Map. WithGarmin MetroGuide Canada V4, I have to zoom in 9 times before I see the tiles. Before that, I see nothing.

- On every tile or when I stop my mouse over a tile, the map description and the map number (xxx.img) are displayed on a single line (Asbestos, Quebec00071317). There should be a separator between the map description and the tile number (ideally a change of line)

- Right now if I want to send additionnal TTQV data (tracks, drawings, routes, wp) as a transparent map witha commercial map in my GPS, I have to first create a transparent map out of my data: Create a IMG file with the additionnal IMG ID "Transparent=Y", then read back the IMG file generated in TTQV before send it to the GPS along with the backgroup maps. TTQV could automatically generate a transparent map out of TTQV data contained in the selected database when sending to the GPS or have a shortcut to create a transparent map out of selected TTQV data.

- I am pushing my luck now but it would also be really interesting if we could send a compiled personnal TYP file along when we send a bunch of maps to the GPS.

With a few of those changes, most people will be able to quickly do the most common things with TTQV 4.0 that usually takes days of trial and errors with tools like cGPSmapper, MapEdit, MapSetToolkit, SendMap, etc

I used to be able to export a single Garmin map as a .IMG but now I am always getting the error (TTQV 4.0.87):

QVError: -4
    *cgError
    Layer0 cannot be empty!

I tried on another computer with a freshly installed TTQV 4.0.87 and I also get the error. What I don't understand is that the same procedure worked a few days ago!

I select a single Garmin map, Export->Garmin IMG, I do not alter the IMG ID, and I still get the error. However I can export Tracks or Waypoints without any problems.

With TTQV4, I managed to load a very large track database (50,000+ trackpoints) as a transparent overlay to my existing commercial maps into my GPS (Garmin 60CX). That way the GPS's tracklog and the 20 tracks of 500 points are no longer needed to view tracks on the GPS screen.

Now I would like to know if it is possible to load my own personalized compiled TYP file into the GPS so I could display my tracks with the color of my choice, instead of relying on default line types. Is that possible?

The problem is that on a giving day, I might add tracks to any of my tracks table. The summer / winter was just an example. Being able to apply a default style per database table would be a great improvement.

If I display a track, go to the track processor, invert and save the track in the original track table, when I position the mouse on any track point, I still get the previous track point number. I have to hide the track and re-display it again to obtain the new track point numbers. I suspect there could be a similar refresh problem with other track processor functions.

I get strange results on 4.0.71 when moving / coping tracks segments from ont track table to another. Here is an example:

- Use any continuous track with a single FP on track point #1. For thsi example, let's assume track points are numbered from 1 to 100.

- Select trackpoints 51-100 and delete them while copying them to the clipboard (CTRL^X).

- Create a new track table and paste the clipboard into the new track table (CTRL^V)

- The original track table should now contain trackpoints 1-50 and the new one trackpoints 51-100, without any FP.

- Select the remaining trackpoints in the original table (1-50) and delete them while pasting them in the clipboard (CTRL^X)

- Select the new track table and paste the clipboard (CTRL^V)

- Now, one would expect to see track points 51-100, followed by track points 1-50, the only FP on track point number 1 (51 th trackpoint). Instead, I see renumbered trackpoints 1-100, a FP on the first trackpoint. Also, if I display this track on a map, there is a missing track section between trackpoint 50 and 51, although there is no FP in the track table.

- Erasing the track and re-displaying the track does not produce any changes.

- Now if I select this track, select STYLE and click CANCEL right away (without any changes), the FP is moved from track point 1 to track point 51 (the original track point that had the FP flag).

Here is another strange example. I start with 3 tracks numered from 1 to 10, with a FP on track point 1.

- I select all track points from track #1 + CTRL^X

- I create a new track table and I paste everything with CTRL^V. I now see trackpoints 1 thry 10 with a FP on track point #1.

- I select all track points from track #2 + CTRL^X

- I paste everything in the new track table with CTRL^V. Now I see trackpoints 1 (FP), 1 (FP), 2, 2, 3, 3, ..., 10, 10

- I select all track points from track #3 + CTRL^X

- I paste everything in the new track table with CTRL^V. Now I see trackpoints 1 (FP), 1 (FP), 1 (FP)2, 2, 2, 3, 3, 3, ..., 10, 10, 10

- Again if I access STYLE and I cancel, trackpoints are resequennced from 1 thru 30 with a FP on 1, 11, 21.

It is not a refresh problem. If I quit TTQV without going into the STYLE option, the track table is still displayed improperly, until I access STYLE for any reason.

I wish there would be a way to set the default track settings on a track table that would apply automatically to any tracks created / loaded in this table?

For example, I store all the summer ATV rides I do into a track table called "Summer" and all the winter ATV rides into a track table called "Winter". All my summer tracks are displayed in green and all my winter tracks are displayed in purple. That way, when I displays all my rides, I can see at a glance if I did it in summer or winter trails.

Now every time I add or load a new ride, it is always created with the default blue line, 3 pixels wide, with name and length. I have to manually reset all new track settings to green / purple, 2 pixels wide, black shadow, no-name and length. I would be nice if the new track would inherit the track table settings.