When does Automap descide to change sheets?

• New question,

I have two scales of maps loaded, 1:50K and 1:250K. The 1:50K are subdivided 1:250 sheets, so when I am on the boarder of a 1:250K sheet, I am also on the boarder of the 1:50K sheets.

I've found that when I get close to the edge of a 1:250K sheet, Automap descides to change maps. It will look for an other map that has the same location, and come up with the 1:50K sheet and loads it. Problem is that I am then on the edge of the 1:50K sheet as well, so it looks for a different sheet and finds the previous 1:250K sheet and loads it... This goes on until I move away from the egde of the 1:250K map.

So it looks like I need to add a border to my maps to prevent this. The question is how bog should I make this border? From my testing so far it looks like Automap switches maps when I am 5" away from the edge, is this correct? That would mean that the border would need to be 5" all around to delay the switch until I get to the map edge.

Is my assumption correct?

Sandy Pyke

• Hi,

for the moment TTQV treats the entire mapfile as a map, even the border.
    Thus the border of a 1:250K scale map is wider "in km" then a same size
    border of a 1:50k map. We hope to introduce separate border definition
    lines in upcoming TTQV3.

Gruß Jockel (QV-Admin)
    Angefragte Daten für Supportfälle bitte schicken an info/at/quovadis-gps.com unter Bezugnahme (link) auf diesen thread, Danke!

• Zitat von "jockel"

for the moment TTQV treats the entire mapfile as a map, even the border.

This is fine, especially since none of my maps currently use a border. So I am not finding myself navigating on these borders.

My question is: How close to the edge of the map do I have to be so that automap chooses to change maps? I thought this was at the very edge of the map, but it looks like it is a little less than that.

Sandy

PS: Thanks for all your help!

• Zitat von "Spyke555"

My question is: How close to the edge of the map do I have to be so that automap chooses to change maps? I thought this was at the very edge of the map, but it looks like it is a little less than that

Sorry Sandy, but I definitely have no detailed info on that !
    I will try to find out if I meet Progi.

Jo

Gruß Jockel (QV-Admin)
    Angefragte Daten für Supportfälle bitte schicken an info/at/quovadis-gps.com unter Bezugnahme (link) auf diesen thread, Danke!