• I have the 3D map in DEM for g10g (exactly as in the Help file) together with the hdr file.

Is there a way I can visualize this map even when I have no track/wpt or else for that map?

Thanks,

Pierre

• Hi,

the DEM files like like g10g.... can only be used to determin the
    elevation below mousepointer, they can not be viewed as maps.
    Possibly -at least this works with TTQV3- you can view it as a 3D shape
    by loading a map of the respective area, rightclick in it and select "3D".

Generally, viewing maps (that can be viewed) do not require WP/RT/TR
    to be viewed, simply open them from QV-Xplorer or any other overview file.

Gruß Jockel (QV-Admin)
    Angefragte Daten für Supportfälle bitte schicken an info/at/quovadis-gps.com unter Bezugnahme (link) auf diesen thread, Danke!

• Thanks Jockel,

I have this map under the DEM directory, as well as c-europe, but I cannot figure how to load them. I double-click, look for "load map", anything, I do not see how I can get them to wake up.

Any clue?

Thanks,

Pierre

• Hi,
    go options, settings, map, set "show altitude under mouse cursor",
    and TTQV will show the elevation for all installed DEM regions in the
    status bar.

• Thank you for your tip, but this box was already checked. To show an altitude under the mouse at least the map should show up on the screen and I cannot get the map to pop-up.

Under QV Explorer, and with DEMs selected the map g10g shows up under description, and active is true. But from here on I cannot find how to order "now show this map". If I right-click g10g I can see a "show" choice in the pull-down menu, but all the choices in the menu are in grey, i.e; not accessible.

There is no active button in the bar above that can open the map. The buttons that normally show a map are in grey as well, i;e; unactive

Thanks,

Pierre

• Zitat von "locarivage"

Under QV Explorer, and with DEMs selected the map g10g shows up under description, and active is true. But from here on I cannot find how to order "now show this map".....

Pierre,
    the DEM is not treated/displayed as a map. Load whatever other "real" map
    of that region and the elevation of the cursor will be shown at the statusbar!

Gruß Jockel (QV-Admin)
    Angefragte Daten für Supportfälle bitte schicken an info/at/quovadis-gps.com unter Bezugnahme (link) auf diesen thread, Danke!

• Jockel,

How does the "3D Diagram" of the Help file come into the picture then with a good rendition of landscape? It looks like a display and indeed I get the same menus, but not the same results, although the screen is quite a splash, a rainbow of colors.

I managed to get a good trace in 3D for a trek starting from a track and using 3D option. Now for the same Track I have a DEM file, but QV does not see it as such since it cannot find a hdr or hgt file. Yet other software can read it and show the same type of rendition as you have in the Help file under 3D Diagram. I looked into the file (Hex code) and it starts by "VISTA DEM file". Is this another DEM representation that cannot be read by QV?

Thanks,

Pierre

• Hi,

Zitat

How does the "3D Diagram" of the Help file come into the picture then with a good rendition of landscape? It looks like a display and indeed I get the same menus, but not the same results, although the screen is quite a splash, a rainbow of colors.

Well, I do not know and can not judge what only you can see ;-),
    but my guess ist, that you have to adjust the switches and controls?

If it comes to non European areas:
    TTQV2.5 can only use those Globe30 DEMs.
    TTQV2.5 can use Globe30DEMs, SRTM3 and SRTM30 DEMs, no others.
    Info about SRTM3/30 DEMs:
    http://bb.ttqv.com/index.php?page=Thread&threadID=3531

What TTQV Version exactly do you use ?

Gruß Jockel (QV-Admin)

• Jockel,

I use TTQV3.0.32.

I see in yr msg Posted: Fri Nov 14, 2003 00:48 am that you downloaded all of Europe, which I understand from yr link is in 90meters pads. Yet in another post you indicate that TTQV only reads 30meters files. I am confused. Is QV3.0.32 able to read 90meters files?

Thanks,

Pierre

• Hi,

globe30 is (about) 900meter grid
    srtm30 is (about) 900meter grid
    srtm3 is (about) 90meter grid
    srtm1 (USA only) is (about) 30meter grid

TTQV3 reads all of them if they are of type srtm.....

Gruß Jockel (QV-Admin)