Big ecw map files

• Bonjour

J'ai des gros fichiers carte ECW (certains sont de 1,5 Go )

QV4 était alors capable de lire très rapidement.

QV5 n'est pas en mesure de les lire (fond blanc , même en 2D )

Pour les petits fichiers (250 Mo) QV5 les lire , mais la qualité la carte n'est pas la même que dans QV4 même à l'échelle 100 % .

Cordialement

JPM

• Hi JPM,

take care, that you use that latest update, which is 5.0.1.4!

Generally, this can not be a matter of size, as TTQV reads here *.ecw with size of 5GB easily.
    There is no error message? Did you try to show " whole screen"?
    Please check in Style of map, whether "transparency" is realy turned off ( !unchecked!)
    for that map!

Gruß Jockel (QV-Admin)
    Angefragte Daten für Supportfälle bitte schicken an info/at/quovadis-gps.com unter Bezugnahme (link) auf diesen thread, Danke!

• I have already installed the last update 5.0.1.4

I tried to do all what you told me, but i still have not map.

The same files have no problem in QV4.

All these files are imported from QV4

JPM

• Hello

Still unable to use some of my ecw map files.

May be I can send you a disc with the file to try by yourself ?

Regards

JPM

• certainly you can send me a DVD and I will try!
    I will send you the postal adress by e-mail!

Gruß Jockel (QV-Admin)
    Angefragte Daten für Supportfälle bitte schicken an info/at/quovadis-gps.com unter Bezugnahme (link) auf diesen thread, Danke!

• JPM, about your DVD ECWs, no software can properly import them, simply because there is no information about the projection in use included with the *.ecw file. When you received the files, projection and MapDatum in use must have been noted somehwere as an additional info. Any infos about that?

Gruß Jockel (QV-Admin)

• Hi

I think you have the cal files of the ecw files included in the DVD ?

Actually I made theses files from copy of Google earth made by TTQV4 and processed by Er Mapper.

Er Mapper made a world file and TTQV4 read it to calibrate properly.

Maybe the projection is included in the cal files ?

JPM

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von JPM ()

• I think you have the cal files of the ecw files included in the DVD ?

Certainly I have and I will have them checked, but this is not the point! The question is, why there is a *.ecw file without any usefull georeferencing
    included? No software can use them without special calibration per software, but it is only some clicks (plus some PC-time) to have them in a
    *.ecw file, recognized automaticaly by every *.ecw capable software. Who or what did create these files that way?

Gruß Jockel (QV-Admin)

• Hi

You are right if I put blank in the header of ecw files, QV5 only read cal file and all is OK.

These files were made with Er Mapper

regards

JPM

• JPM, but why not set valid calibration info in ERMAPPER, i. E. reproject to WGS84/Mercator and export. Then no *.cal should be required, TTQV (and others) will simply import the *.ecw calibrated?

Gruß Jockel (QV-Admin)

• HI

Yes you are right.

All my new maps are now with Mercator/WGS84 projection/Datum.

I have big files 5+ Go and all is fine in QV5

JPM

• :D :D :D

Gruß Jockel (QV-Admin)