TTQV -> Pathaway maps rotation

• :?: Hi Jockel,

First, many thanks to you and all TTQV team, you are doing a great work !

I just have a question about exporting maps for Pathaway: I'm using French maps (Bayo in fact) which are not aligned North/South (due to Lambert projection). What's about the export to PathAway. Previoulsly, I was doing a manual rotation of these cards before importing it to Pathaway in order to be compliant with the two points calibration of this software (GPS is set to WGS84 coordinates). Is this rotation automatically done by TTQV while exporting ?

Best regards,
    Jean Claude

• Hi, Jeau Claude!

When exporting to PAW, TTQV does everything necessary including north rotation automatically. Simply start the export-module from the TTQV-menu,
    lean back and relax. And watch the alerts given to you during the conversion process.
    From my point of view, 8 bit/256 colors depth shows best results, even on grayscale-displays. Maybe you will run into some kind of size limitation with big maps - I am discussing this with Jockel at this very moment.

Good luck!

ron

Grüße,
    ron

• :grin: Hi Ron,
    Many thanks for your answer.
    Yes, I'm aware of the size limitations. I'm already working with PAW (manual export, rotation using PANAVUE, then manual calibration). If all these functions are automatically done by TTQV it's fine! The last issue for me is that I only have the light release of TTQV software, but this will be quickly solved by upgrading it. Before doing this, I just wanted to be sure that it was doing what I needed.

best regards
    Jean Claude

• Ron add on:

Bayo´s are scanned in quite high resolution, do some experiments with
    scaling the maps down when exporting, try exporting them from zoom 70%(maybe less), this should give a sufficient readability, better overview and smaller filesize.