Downloading tracks from TTQV to GPS

• When I am downloading recorded tracks from TTQV 2.51.4 to my GPS Garmin III and Garmin GPSmap 128, the downlaod starts and immediately shuts down TTQV. No data is transfered to the GPS. Transfering waypoints and routes from TTQV to both GPS work fine.

:cry: Claude

Regards - Claude

• Hello Claude,

well, I use 2.51.8, but I do not think there were any changes in track upload since. But it would be better to check the problem with the latest TTQV Version. I uploaded a long track to GPSIII and Vista and there was no problem.

So:
    Are there occasionally other devices attached to the same com-port as your GPS ?
    Is Palm-hotsync, Virusscanner whatever else running in Background ?
    Stop TTQV, rename "ttqv25b.ini" to "ttqv25b.ino", start TTQV and try upload again.

Does this happen with a special track only ?
    Did you try with different tracks ?
    When did this problem start, did you already see it with previous versions of TTQV ?

• I too have a similar problem when trying to download waypoints to my PC.
    If i use Mapsource i do not have any problem so i guess it eliminate the communication part of it.

Previously i was using a GPSMAP 195 without any problems.

• Zitat von "Pierre Allaire"

I too have a similar problem when trying to download waypoints to my PC.
    If i use Mapsource i do not have any problem so i guess it eliminate the communication part of it. Previously i was using a GPSMAP 195 without any problems.

Hello Pierre,
    you probably have a completely different problem, as Claude meanwhile confirmed by e-mail, that the problem is obviously due to his PC, for everything is working fine if he uses his Notebook with same WIN Version.

As we receive no support from Garmin telling about differences with new devices, we rely on user support to integrate changes with new devices.

PLease do the following:
    a) upgrade TTQV to the latest version which is ttqv2.51.8
    b) Open your TTQV folder using MS-Explorer, you will find a file there
    named "qv25debug.bat", doubleclick this file to start TTQV.
    c) run the data transfer which breaks down TTQV
    d) after doing this, you will find a file "debug.txt" in yout \TTQV\ folder.
    please send this file "debug.txt" plus the file "ttqv25b.ini" (same location) by e-mail so we can check the problem.

• Hi Kockel,

I have just sent you the two files in question.

One interested thing that is worth mentioning...

In the pop-up window where it ask you where you want to save the waypoint file, there is a check box about saving to the database....
    If i remove the check, then TTQV does not end prematurely.

• Hello,

I have tried from my laptop (W2K professional as well) and it works, then
    the cause is not due to TTQV.

I have done a complete re-installation of TTQV (Quo Vadis 1.6 and TTQV 2.0 was still in the same directory) in my desktop, but still have the problem. Therefore, it is due to my PC, and I will do further investigation

Many thanks for your support

Regards - Claude

In the pop-up window where it ask you where you want to save the waypoint file, there is a check box about saving to the database....
    If i remove the check, then TTQV does not end prematurely.

Good hint !
    All data send are with the Progi and he will check/correct. My guess: As the responding ini string of "GPSMAP196" is unknown to TTQV, all data coming in are treated as a basic GPS device and this causes the crash.

Just in case you have an other device at hand:
    I would like to sort out, whether the problem is related to a defective or writeprotected target database.
    a) Is it possible to download waypoints to that database with any other compatible device ?
    b) can you create a new waypointtable in this database, where the target waypoint table - ment to include the downloaded waypoints - resides ?
    c) if you create a completely new database (blue icon database-not a simple table !!!) and start the download from within the waypoint table included there in this new one, does it crash too ?

• Hi Jockel,

As a matter of fact, i did create another database and tried to transfer my waypoints to a new database waypoint section and it did crash.

I still have my Garmin GPSMAP 195 but its in the airplane and i dont have it available right now. I should be able to do a test on Monday or Tuesday.
    But i am pretty sure it does work, because i have use the GPSMAP 195 about a week ago and i was able to transfer all my waypoints.

Let me know if you need more info. In the meantime i will try to get more info about the data layout for the Garmin GPSMAP 196.

Thanks for your support.... very appreciated.

In the meantime i will try to get more info about the data layout for the Garmin GPSMAP 196.

Hello Pierre,

no need for more info. It is not, that TTQV would not understand GPSMAP196, the problem is: GPSMAP196 says hello to TTQV and TTQV says, sorry nobody introduced me to you so I will not serve you. While the basic protocols to talk to each other are available................
    So just wait a moment until Progi completes the introduction.
    In fact, Progi replied a minute ago with: done!

So just wait for the next update.

• :grin:
    Hi Jockel,

Thanks for the info....

Very nice of you to take care of this problem.

Will be looking for the next version of TTQV.

Have a nice day and many thanks for the support.

Very nice of you to take care of this problem.

We just try to pay you back for selecting our product !
    :-)

• Hello,

TTQV2.51.10 is on the server for download, please give it a try with
    GPSMAP 196.

• hello jockel

the INIT rename,qv can it better. :grin:

gruss elmar

• Zitat von "Elmar"

hello jockel, the INIT rename, qv can it better. :grin:
    gruss elmar

GRRRRRRR!!!! :hammer:
    Elmar, wehe Du verpetzt mich !!!

Pierre, sorry for that little "internal scene" above, but he is right:
    I asked you to perform this manual procedure to rename the file "ttqv25b.ini". Actually, TTQV has a build in function to achieve the same goal:
    options, settings, general, select "reset all settings to default"

And I realy should know that :-(

• :?:
    Hi Jockel,

I must be missing something here...

In your previous post , you are talking about re-naming "ttqv25b.ini"
    Is it something i should be concerned...? or is it for somebody else....

Pierre

• Hello Pierre,

"renaming ttqv25b.ini" and using the option "reset all settings to default" has exactly the same effect. Using the reset option is easier for the customers. "Elmar", one of my co-admins, reminded me (ment as a joke) that I always forget to explain it the easy way, namely, using the "reset all settings to default" option. And my "hammer" was for "Elmar" to make him "shut up" :-)

• Hello Pierre

Before some meet had we in the German forum accurately this topic. There was the suggestion an automatic INIT function to insert.
    And only one that CO administrators had a notion it this function already gives.
    Jockel did not think also more of this function, and always the INIT rename to let.
    I wanted to remind it only times.

:lol:
    elmar