newbie needs assistance

• Hey there!

I seem to be the newbie, with a little dilemma. My software came just a while ago, and I got it workign allright followign the instructions for the license and what not and a pally sent me a .txt saved route for me to look at how he did it.......well in short , I upgraded the existing V2.0 to 2.5QV and I'm forever looking at the message that the software is not registered.

Did i miss something? I'd say , I must have....but I can't seem to see where and I couldn't read all of his save route every time I try, the system makes a message window appear that I have not registered.

Any one interested in walking me through this? :!: if there's a way to solve the problem of registering....

• Hello,

if your previous version was QV1.62c you need to update your licence to work with TTQV2.0. You can update your licence by filling in the licence update form, to be accessed through our homepage at http://www.ttqv.com,
    Select "QV2.5/RB2.0 english", "Licence Update"

• That I have where I get this problem. I just rec'd the software from the order dated 7/29/2002 from Anovo Inc. QC, Canada.

I decided to erase the complete directory and try again....same issue arose

I'm the Jabroni, just wasn't registered...until recently.

any thoughts for QV 2.0 to 2.5?

I'd appreciate any help

:crazy:

Georgi

• If you upgrade from 2.0 to 2.5, you MUST make a full installation with the last file COMPLETE INSTALLATION, only thereafter you can install the last update. The updates of 2.5 do not work with 2.0.
    Did you do this?

Martin M

• Hello Georgi,

please answer step by step so we can get closer to the solution:

a) did you install the complete setup from our homepage (ttqv25ww.exe)?
    b) did you install the update file from our homepage (qv25upd.exe) ?
    c) Did you enter the licence you received with your order of TTQV after completing the installation ?

Please send me your licence information by e-mail so I can check it !
    e-mail: service@ttqv.com

• I sent 2 emails.

I read furth through the Help files and retried to load in my bud's
    .txt file.

With Qv 2.0 it worked fine
    With the 2.5 and the update, the information will not load into QV.

I also shutdown, rebooted the PC, but still no change.
    I added an error message to my emails that i didn't see before, must have been
    looking past the never ending Windows popups......

:roll:

I guess part of the reason I hate Windows.

Georgi

• Georgi,

I received your e-mails, thank you.

The reason for seeing the "evaluation expired" message when touching whatever functions beside "viewing maps":

Your licence is a "viewer licence" which comes for free with QVN maps sold in Canada. It has very limited features for it comes for free.
    It is mainly ment to enable viewing of maps. Enabling/Disabling other features may vary from update to update.

• So , just so I'm making this assumption correctly, I'm Wasting my time ever upgrading to QV 2.5 ?

I am able to upload a saved file or in the case Import a text file in QV 2.0 with what I bought, the Ontario East CD.

BUT!

If I upgrade to QV2.5 I lose that ability and I have to Buy into more upgrades,meaning that's more $$??

So, That's kinda an unfair option you tossed into the mix, when the person thinks that something works, upgrades and now loses that ability.....

Am I right?

AND!

Can you now tell me what I'm stuck paying for to have some ability should I need to upgrade to QV 2.5?

I would think at some point I will need to.....

For now, I'll just Reset the whole thing and play with my "viewer license" and my abilities and use QV 2.0 instead.

Thanks for the update,

Georgi

Georgi

• Georgi,
    you said in a previous post:

Zitat von "Georgi"

..... I just rec'd the software from the order dated 7/29/2002 from Anovo Inc. QC, Canada.

So I thought you had purchased TTQV. But actually you have purchased a map-CD that comes with a free TTQV-viewer licence. I did not know that. If you had purchased TTQV Software, upgrading would have been the right way to go. During software development and upgrading versions the Software owner decided to apply those limitations to the viewer. However you may stay with the previous version if it does more then the most recent version does.

I am sorry for that misunderstanding.

• I'm still in need of your help then Jockel.

Thank you for clearing up that information.

Can you tell me, what am i needing to do to make QV 2.5
    a more functional software so that I may use the extras.

Is there a simple upgrade to have all the features like load, save,import and export like QV2.0 without the GPS interface.

or

Do I have to buy the GPS interface to have these features also enabled.

I'm still unclear, and would like to just know what's the next step....

P.s> I thought when upgrading you got your bugs fixed, added tricks and typically the same benefits or better then the previous versions.

Alas, limiting the software should be a mention for folks before choosing to upgrade.

Georgi