Problems with TTQV and GPSMAP 196 Aviation

• Recently got a Garmin GPSMAP 196 and when trying to transfer Waypoints from my GPS to my Computer, TTQV will terminate immediatly after the transfer. Upon restarting TTQV, only one entry in the Waypoint list is been showed.

Also would like to know if additional support for Garmin GPSMAP 195 and 295 will be available soon.

:-(

• Zitat von "Pierre Allaire"

Recently got a Garmin GPSMAP 196 and when trying to transfer Waypoints from my GPS to my Computer, TTQV will terminate immediatly after the transfer. Upon restarting TTQV, only one entry in the Waypoint list is been showed. Also would like to know if additional support for Garmin GPSMAP 195 and 295 will be available soon.
    :-(

This may depend on you :-) see http://bb.ttqv.com/index.php?page=Thread&postID=3186#3186

• Hi Jockel,

I did a quick test using the GPS function in TTQV and i see that
    Max_Len_Name is defined has having 6 characters.
    My GPSMAP support up to 10 Character for the name and for the description it support 20 characters.

I dont know if this has anything to with it.

• Zitat von "Pierre Allaire"

I did a quick test using the GPS function in TTQV and i see that Max_Len_Name is defined has having 6 characters.
    My GPSMAP support up to 10 Character for the name and for the description it support 20 characters.
    I dont know if this has anything to with it.

This points to my guess, about the "GPSMAP196" not to be identified correctly :-)