When my NMEA GPS is going online TTQV log out

• This is weird 4.0.71 TTQV wersion is login off when I'm putting my GPS unit online! This kind off error run time 0...I was use this option many times before and now is wrong, Navtech vector map work good separately but now in online mode software crash. GPS unit is NMEA kind. What shuld I do? And next problem is, that before this problem, few times in GPS online mode, windows driver crash and wpplication was display in 4bit ditcher and resolution like VGA, or rather EGA...

• Shelton,

- what NMEA device exactly
    - how is it connected to your PC/NB
    - which Windows do you run ?
    - what are the key features of your PC/Notebook ?
    - how much space is available on each partition available in your PC ?

Gruß Jockel (QV-Admin)
    Angefragte Daten für Supportfälle bitte schicken an info/at/quovadis-gps.com unter Bezugnahme (link) auf diesen thread, Danke!

• Haicom HI-204S conneted by USB, Windows XP Tablet PC edition (Xplore ix104), space available 4GB one partion. This configuration, work few ours with GPS feature online, after this 3 times I was get windows video driver error and resolution and ditcher was change to lower-EGA resolution, 4bit ditcher. But after restart everything was ok. Now, If I put GPS online, Navtech map apers, than TTQV crashing.

• Hi,
    TTQV has certainly nothing to do with your screen settings, this crash must
    have happened due to other reasons. But, this crash might have destroyed
    your database "GPS-online-logs".
    In QV-Xplorer, rename it to "GPS-online-logs-old", restart TTQV and try
    online mode again!
    If everything works fine then, delete the old database.

Gruß Jockel (QV-Admin)
    Angefragte Daten für Supportfälle bitte schicken an info/at/quovadis-gps.com unter Bezugnahme (link) auf diesen thread, Danke!

• The database replace-rename doesn't work...screen setting crash was only under TTQV software... I'm the owner of 3.0 version upgraded to 4 standart, what I can should to do? Reinstall all - big pain data lost or only upgrade?

• Hi,

Zitat von "Shelton"

The database replace-rename doesn't work...

- if you can not rename it in QV-Xplorer, shut down TTQV, open MS-Explorer,
    go to c:\...\ttqv4\qu4\, find "GPS-online-logs.qu4", rename it to "GPS-online-logs-old.qu4", restart TTQV and try again.

Zitat

...screen setting crash was only under TTQV software...

Please don´t make it yourself that easy! Nobody has ever experienced TTQV
    "resetting screen settings". There are many other reasons that could make
    this happen. You may for example have simple problems with the screen
    drivers of your XP-Multimedia edition! Running an application, demanding
    flawless functioning here, may produce a crash then! And TTQV asks
    definitely al lot here !

Zitat

I'm the owner of 3.0 version upgraded to 4 standart, what I can should to do? Reinstall all - big pain data lost or only upgrade?

- uninstalling/reinstalling TTQV4 does not delete your data
    - but, as an additional care, simply copy your ttqv databases
    "c:\...\ttqv4\qu4\" to a safe place and do the same for your maps if they
    are installed inside TTQV4 Programfolder.

Gruß Jockel (QV-Admin)

• So, rename action in file folder of databases is not effect, if the online arrow of GPS apperas aplication crash. My windows is tablet pc edition installed by factory Xplore technologies. Drivers, are good. After crashing systemreports ttqv.exe file error. Ttqv was only one application who is crashing my video drivers, but this is weird, all things work togheter some timeand crash. I think the problem is beetwen ttqv and windows some components, I was problem with online few months ago, after reinstall of ttqv, it's works somevtime, but now is wrong again...

• I was download from ttqv page version 4.072, and reinstalled again my upgrade from 3 to 4 version, the effect is simple, now ttqv doesn't work... so I was this problem in the past, I must reinstall 3, than for upgrade, yes?

• Shelton,

Zitat von "Shelton"

... I think the problem is beetwen ttqv and windows some components, I was problem with online few months ago, after reinstall of ttqv, it's works somevtime, but now is wrong again...

Shelton, it it quite unlikely, that this is a TTQV problem, some thousand other
    users use WinXP too and do not have that problem. But it is quite impossible
    to tell from here what the problem might be, without sitting in front of your
    machine.

- backup all your TTQV data
    - uninInstall TTQV, both TTQV3 and TTQV4
    - clean the harddrive from reminders like program folders....
    - install TTQV4 from scratch, running this complete setup to be
    downloaded here:
    http://www.ttqv.com/download/download/qv4setup_e.exe

No, it is not necessary for you to install TTQV3 in front of TTQV4.

Gruß Jockel (QV-Admin)

• Ok, so I'm after reinstall. Is still not good, now is work but if you crash from one map to another, ttqv crash and logout too. But if you logout GPS first is ok... where is the problem? I will try to change video settings.

• Ok, so I was reinstall new Intel video card drivers... TTQV in online mode working good, but if you want to change map in online mode TTQV still crashing-runn time erro 0.

• Zitat von "Shelton"

Haicom HI-204S conneted by USB, Windows XP Tablet PC edition (Xplore ix104)....,....windows video driver error and resolution and ditcher was change to lower-EGA resolution, ......

Shelton

This your type of machinery (Tablet Pc with i 830M chipset, integrated Graphics with shared Ram) seems to be quite sensitive to driver version and sequence of installation, possibly due to the numerus additional oem drivers which are not part of WXP tablet ed. This is especially true for the graphics driver. Psion is of no help at all in this aspect.
    I recommend you should return to you to original sytem configuration via SYSTEM RESTORE or even a complete system renew from backup might become nessesary in case there are other minor discrapencies you did not even notice yet.
    Furthermore you should check LEADTEC GPS seperatly fromTTQV with one of their utilities, PROLIFIC if applicable has diifferent usb drivers.
    I use similar maschines since some years, no such issues with TTQV2.5 ,3, 4.

Good Luck

Gruß, Wulf

WinXP SP3, W7/64, auch unterVM,TTQV4/133 Std,GPSII, Colorado, GNS5843, NL 402U, TTQV6 DevUpd

• Graphic driver was updated to last version from intel www page for this chipset.

You have right, I think the main problem is probably usb driver emulator or hardware connection plug (Rs to usb) or some problem with internal windows libraries... I was check this with Garmin V gps, and Haicom both has usb converters but different-Haicom old usb to new standart, Garmin rs to usb. Maybe this is usb emulator, but I think the sure way will be problem with some system video libraries or drivers. If you want to change map in online mode ttqv crash with run time error and background has grey and skew stripes pattern and logout. If you put off online mode and change map manualy everything is ok. This is weird like all windows product. I'm desktop publishing and printing technician, so I'm using all time MacOSX... Windows are only my navigation platform :)

• Shelton

In case of tablet pc i never!!! use intel´s latest drivers without any very particular need, no improvment can be gained. Tablet PC´s are not Gaming machines where kompatibility to current DIRECT X is of importance. It seems to me as if you do not realize what "shared Ram" means in relation to your problem scenario.I´m quite sure usb is messing up the video ram area due to any MS unsigned drivers, but who is the culprit?
    The HI204s is not directly supported any more, but the corresponding usb drivers for sure are available at OEM sites. It is either OXFORD SEMI or PROLIFIC, have a look in the DEVICE MANAGER for more details.
    WinXP is excelent stable and predictable in this area as long as you stick to a few certain rules.

Gruß, Wulf

WinXP SP3, W7/64, auch unterVM,TTQV4/133 Std,GPSII, Colorado, GNS5843, NL 402U, TTQV6 DevUpd