Access denied with GE

• Hi,

I don't know why. I'm using XP SP3 English version.

Since it seems not many people are having the problem that I have, could it be due to some settings in GE or XP that I have inadvertently set? A re-installation of an older version of GE on the same Windows XP with the same configuration definitely works.

I am going to install TTQV and GE on the other computer that I have and see whether the error is reproducible or not.

rhklee

• Hi,

same thing here, spaces in filenames and folders do not affect operations.
    I am quite certain, that the problem is whatever defective registry entry for
    GE, causing those file calls not to be masked in quotes prior to handing
    them to GE.

- I would uninstall GE
    - manually search for (definitely existing) reminders of GE Installations
    in your registry and kill them
    - reinstall GE

Have a look at this in your registry:
    HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Applications\googleearth.exe\shell\Open\command
    the key should be like
    "C:\Programme\Google\Google Earth\googleearth.exe" "%1"

Anyway, after deinstallation of GE, delete the entire key, whatwever
    you find below HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Applications\googleearth.exe\
    and reinstall GE!

Gruß Jockel (QV-Admin)
    Angefragte Daten für Supportfälle bitte schicken an info/at/quovadis-gps.com unter Bezugnahme (link) auf diesen thread, Danke!

• Hi,

You are right!

Following your advice, I uninstall GE, kill any GE registry items, and reinstall GE. Bingo! Everything works perfectly now.

Your statement "A defective registry entry causing file calls not to be masked in quotes prior to handing them to GE" certainly makes good sense.

Many thanks!

rhklee,
    one happy TTQV4 user.

• Halleluja ;-)

Gruß Jockel (QV-Admin)
    Angefragte Daten für Supportfälle bitte schicken an info/at/quovadis-gps.com unter Bezugnahme (link) auf diesen thread, Danke!

• mojn, mojn,

Zitat von "Stefan Kayser"

Danke im Namen aller, die still verzweifelten an diesem Thema!....

Wieeeee jetzt? Noch mehr gerettete Seelen :lol:

Gruß Jockel (QV-Admin)

• Definitiv!
    Der entscheidende Punkt war die Registry - wer Windows nicht seit Kindertagen kennt (und als Mac-Switcher kenne ich Windows seit zwei Jahren), traut sich da nicht so recht ran. Doch Dein letztes Posting machte mir Mut und der wurde belohnt. Wochen ohne direkten GE-Abgleich haben nun ein Ende. Deshalb Danke!
    Herzlichen Gruß
    Stefan