Track receive from Garmin Oregon 550

• I have recently upgraded from v.4 to v.5.0.5.1 and things are looking good, but....

I am not able to receive tracks from my Oregon 550. I get the error message:

I can import the track the old way I used in v.4 from the file H:\Garmin\GPX\Current\current.gpx, but the heartbeat information is missing :(

[In addition, when I moved all my databases from v.4 the heartbeat information was also missing; I can live with that if only it works for new tracks]

Regards, from a faithful fan of TTQV for at least 10 years,

Sverre

Sverre

• Hi Sverre,

please use the latest development update 5.0.5.6 and retry importing directly from
    the Oregon. To do that, in TTQV5 go to search for updates and allow development
    releases. 5.0.5.6 is out now for some while and no serious problems are reported.
    If importing gives a problem, please come back.
    ... while not beeing familiar with these "sport-values" devices, you possibly have to import
    these data as trainings, not as tracks!

As far as importing heartbeat values from TTQV4 databases is concerned, maybe
    Tom jumps in here. I think the solution in TTQV4 was some kind of "quick and dirty"
    and I do not know, if this is considered when importing data from TTQV4.

Gruß Jockel (QV-Admin)
    Angefragte Daten für Supportfälle bitte schicken an info/at/quovadis-gps.com unter Bezugnahme (link) auf diesen thread, Danke!

• Hi,

Using v. 5.0.5.9 I was successful in importing tracks (although sometimes it stops halfway). Thanks so far :)

However, the Heartrate and Cadence information is still not imported. A line from the current.gpx looks like:

Zitat

<trkpt lat="59.931107" lon="10.594550"><ele>132.80</ele><time>2011-02-16T20:02:12Z</time><extensions><gpxtpx:TrackPointExtension><gpxtpx:hr>105</gpxtpx:hr><gpxtpx:cad>91</gpxtpx:cad></gpxtpx:TrackPointExtension></extensions></trkpt>

In v. 4 the extensions field was imported at least as info. Now it is not imported at all as far as I can see :(

I have tried to import "trainings" instead of "tracks", but then nothing is imported.

regards,
    Sverre

• Hi,

ok, I see. Can you please send us one of these gpx-files for testing?
    Evaluating of <gpxtpx:TrackPointExtension> is not in yet.

Tom

• Sorry for the delay, been away. Here is the file, quite big, but compresses well. Not all records have heartbeat, and only on track has cadense, but you will find it if you search for 'cad'.

Great if you can implement this :)

Sverre

Dateien

• current.zip

(108,7 kB, 290 Mal heruntergeladen, zuletzt: )