TTQV crash on Windows 7 when closing GPS connection

• on Windows 7 with TTQV 4.0.133

TTQV is working fine but sometimes just after closing the GPS connection it crash.

i can open/close GPS connection 2 or 3 times without issue and the 3rd or 4tr it will crash.

i try

-to move nmealog.txt ton a new folder : same issue

-to disable nmealog : same issue

-launch TTQV as "Administrator" : same issue

-install TTQV as "Administrator" : same issue

i need help, Thanks,

Pascal

• Hi,
    is this error new (it worked before and now it crashes) or does this happen after an update or another change on your System - Windows updates, change to Windows 7 from a previous version or something like that?

Do you have error log files from ttqv or entries in the system log of Windows?

What GPS do you use and which connection?

I don't know if it's possible to locate the error, but I'm sure that there will be no update to ttqv4. If you've changed for example to a newer gps unit and it causes a crash with it, there will be no fix.

You may try the new QV6 version (in demo mode) to check, if you get the same error. Then it's related to the System - if not I'd guess it's related to the ttqv4 not supporting newest hardware for example (or driver related).

Gruß
    Dietmar

• Hi,

with the same computer / GPS device / TTQV version / Windows XP : it's working fine, the only issue was the bluetooth connection at startup that need sometimes to reset the bluetooth code

now on Windows 7 , same computer / GPS device / TTQV version : the only problem appears sometimes when closing the GPS connection

i can check with an other GPR (Holux) and let you know

i will take a look at the event viewer...

Thanks