Unable to get GPS location on map

• My free evaluation has expired, so I can only use on-line maps.

I am unable to display the GPS location on maps. Is this because I am now using the freeware version?

I am doing my evaluation on Windows 7 Home 64bit, which presented connection problems with a BT GPSr, that does not occur on W7 Pro 64bit nor XP on other computers. But I have now resolved that problem.

In QV (the last XP version) clicking on the red right arrow + half radials blue rings (icon1), that is mentioned in the wiki7, 'Connecting your device', brings up the 'Assistent - GPS-Upload'.

In 'Step 1/2' displays:
    Brand: NMEA
    Port: Automatic
    Connected GPS found: NMEA device on COM5/4800.

But in the help, 'GPS-Online' , the 'GPS-Online - Settings', similar display can not be found as there is no spanner over radial blue rings (icon2) in any menu of toolbar.

The GPSr is a Qstarz BT-1000, that I've been using with my CF-19 Toughbook for many years.

This W7 Home computer also has OziExplorer and AutoRoute 2013 installed, although not running at the same time.

OziEx and AR are both working with this GPSr and displaying my home location. Each program is running on it's own without the others running.

Bilder

• icon1.JPG
    • icon2.JPG
  • Good morning!

Is this because I am now using the freeware version?

Yes. Unfortunately this is not clearly stated in the product line description in the English wiki, we will have to add it.

Grüße
    Hans

"The universal aptitude for inaptitude makes any human accomplishment an incredible miracle." (John Paul Stapp)