TtqvToKml tool

• TtqvToKml utility converts one TTQV database to a KML file for GoogleEarth
    download it at
    http://smarsolle.free.fr/tools/TtqvToKml.zip

Prerequisites:
    TTQV from http://www.ttqv.com/
    GoogleEarth from http://earth.google.com/

Java JRE 1.4 (this component may be already installed on you computer).

Let's mix a bit of french:

ça transforme les fichiers QU3 / QU2 de TTQV en fichier KML visualisableavec Google Earth ?

Pour l'utiliser:
    - déziper tout dans un répertoire,
    - éditer le fichier convert_all_db.bat,
    - vérifier que la ligne
    set TTQV_QU3_PATH=C:\Program Files\TTQV3\qu3
    pointe bien vers un répertoire valide, sur certains PC ce sera peut-être D:\Program Files\TTQV3\qu3.

- exécuter le convert_all_db.bat,
    - double-cliquer sur un fichier KML résultat, normalement ça lance automatiquement GoogleEarth.

Seules les tables de waypoints et de traces sont traduites pour le moment.

This utility is written by Sébastien MARSOLLE
    http://smarsolle.free.fr/tools

• Hi Seb,

the latest "TTQV3.0.131 develop" already exports *.gpx files,
    that can be directly loaded in Google earth.
    This version will be the current version in some hours.

Gruß Jockel (QV-Admin)
    Angefragte Daten für Supportfälle bitte schicken an info/at/quovadis-gps.com unter Bezugnahme (link) auf diesen thread, Danke!

• Hey Jockel,
    this is the best thing since sliced bread! :grin: :grin: :grin:
    I had tried to go over the limit of 500 datapoints to download tracks to GE+ by trafficking the data.kml files with little success to date, and here is the file with its 9000+points straight from TTQV.
    This makes my day! :prost:
    I wonder how long GE will allow this, if they can block it! Clearly the limit of 100 datapoints for file intake and 500 for GPS intake was some marketing positioning to force upgrade to GEPro for more points. Inappropriate in my view since going from 20$ to 400$ is too large a gap to convert many. And you still end up with only 2500 points.
    TTQV is IT!
    Thanks!
    Pierre

• Hi,

did not know about this limitation, funny that it works that way ;-)
    Anyway, I think the less extensive this is used, the longer this unintentional
    possibility will be open from Google side (like always...)
    So, if you do not loose absolutely necessary information, run a track-point-reduction
    prior to submitting the tracks to google.

Gruß Jockel (QV-Admin)
    Angefragte Daten für Supportfälle bitte schicken an info/at/quovadis-gps.com unter Bezugnahme (link) auf diesen thread, Danke!

• Yes, I had ran track point reduction. But when you trek in mountains with a lot of switchbacks then the tracks looks strange. I thought the GPS was the limiting factor in track points, that Gogle with all it has sets such a low limit for no reason I can fathom is odd to say the least!

If Google prevents long file to be read into GE, then I will try Sébastien's tool if it creates a file directly usable.

• Now we can xfr easily datapoints from QV to GE
    Is there a way to xfr easily a Google map to QV with ready georeferencing a plus?
    Pierre

• Hi,
    no, there is no way. !!Maybe!! in a future version of TTQV.

Gruß Jockel (QV-Admin)

• I thought Einfuhr was Import and Ausfuhr for Export.
    I noted "Der Kartenexport ist noch in der Testphase. Auf meinem PC funktioniert es schon. Ob es auf anderen Rechnern auch klappt, muss sich erst zeigen." on the link you gave me. I will check if it works as well on my PC tomorrow,
    Tchuss
    Pierre

• Zitat von "PRL"

If Google prevents long file to be read into GE, then I will try Sébastien's tool if it creates a file directly usable.

There is no limit in my tool,
    it produces directly native GoogleEarth KML file,
    I tested with a lot of waypoints and tracks.
    I only need to disable "terrain elevation" in GoogleEarth if you want a fast browsing.

I only miss route export (easy to code, but I need time), and translation of style (color, width, transparency, waypoint icons).
    Currenly I translate color of tracks.

For icon translation, TTQV use number and GoogleEarth use URL to icon.
    If somebody has a web server with all TTQV waypoint icons in an easy buildable URL, I could use it.
    (for instance : http://server/ttqvicons/65.png )

S. MARSOLLE

• Merci Sébastien!

In the other direction:
    is it possible to export a Google track that would have altitude embedded in it. I see a file with a third data point always at 0 which I gather is altitude relative to ground.

If that were possible then I would get a QV file with ground altitude at the finest definition available (which GE claims) and avoid scouting fro the proper *.hgt file.

Pierre

• Zitat von "PRL"

Now we can xfr easily datapoints from QV to GE
    Is there a way to xfr easily a Google map to QV with ready georeferencing a plus?
    Pierre

Yes, there is - if I understood you right.

Have a look at http://www.probike.at ("Tag der offenen TOUR")

Is this the thing, you're looking for?

• Back after a long absence,

Hi MM,

I looked at yr link, saw the interactive map, but did not see how this can export a map to QV. The reason I want to export is have under QV a map of the quality that Google offers (high detail on occasion), but also, if possible, georeferenced. Jockel said "nicht möglich, jetzt". So I currently export the picture with the view of lat/long grid onto a jpg file and call it into QV where I can easily georeference it with the grid.

However, I can only export the screen, which is only a piece of a long (weeks) trek, so I wondered if
    Step one: export the screen but already georeferenced, nice to have
    Step two: from Google define map boundaries (Lat/Long, top, bottom) and export to a map format with georeferencing included.
    Step two is probably asking too much at this stage, or only in a future version of PRO since this is really using a lot of Google Intellectual Property.

• Hello Anton,
    Thanks for the tip.
    I read what is offered there. I must say the German is a bit complex for me to understand all that take place, not too automatic an operation it would seem. And also does not seem to export a larger picture than what I do with PrintScreen and Lat/Lon grid. Also stil in a test phase. I will inquire direct with the producer.
    Tchuss,
    Pierre

• New release: now Routes are converted.

Remember: under TTQV you can change the color of lines (routes and tracks), make them transparent and change size. All this is converted by my utility.

I still look for the catalog of all waypoint icons.

Séb M