2 possibel (small) enhancements

• 1)
    The ability to use Ctrl-S when you edited someting in a WP, track, etc. Now, you have to press the save button.

2)
    The ability to force QV to use WGS84. Now, when i use a usergrid for example and switch from usergrid to dd mm ss.ss, i keeps the Datum related to the usergrid. When you forget that, all coordinates afterwards, ware 10-25 meters from the actual place.

Michel

• Hello Michel,

ad 1) I will ask the progi

ad 2) just do it :-)
    click the "units" Icon and disable the checkbox in the "Datum" section, set the datum of your choice anf TTQV will stay with this Datum whatever map you open.

• ad 2) This is not the point. The problem of Michel is: set the Datum to WGS84 and the unit to DD,DDDDD, for example. Then switch to Swiss Grid, for example, and then back to DD,DDDDD. Now you are no longer in WGS84, but in CH1903.

Martin M

• Zitat von "Martin M"

ad 2) This is not the point. The problem of Michel is: set the Datum to WGS84 and the unit to DD,DDDDD, for example. Then switch to Swiss Grid, for example, and then back to DD,DDDDD. Now you are no longer in WGS84, but in CH1903.

o.k.
    I understand what you mean, but either you decide to stay in a system or you switch systems. If you switch systems which have a datum associated, the datum must change. I consider this logical, and I neither see a reason nor a non confusing way to treat national meter grid calibrated maps any different. Even trying to handle this different would simply cause confusion if you look at your settings panel as a national meter grid per definition always has one datum associated.

• Zitat von "michel"

1)
    The ability to use Ctrl-S when you edited someting in a WP, track, etc. Now, you have to press the save button.

Ehemm, did not recognize this too, simply press <enter> this will save your changes. Right ?

• Zitat von "jockel"

Ehemm, did not recognize this too, simply press <enter> this will save your changes. Right ?

Partly. If you press enter in the info-field, data is not saved.

Michel

• Zitat von "Martin M"

ad 2) This is not the point. The problem of Michel is: set the Datum to WGS84 and the unit to DD,DDDDD, for example. Then switch to Swiss Grid, for example, and then back to DD,DDDDD. Now you are no longer in WGS84, but in CH1903.

Correct. This can be annoying when you entered hundreds of point. Load the in your GPS, go walking and you notice that all point are between 10 and 100m way from the original point.

Michel

• Michel,

Zitat von "michel"

Partly. If you press enter in the info-field, data is not saved.

you are right, but if we change this, the next one will aks for the opposite.