Simultaneous Multi User?

• Does QV6 have any means to support multiple users working from the same database? If not directly are there any workarounds or workflows that would accomplish this in a reasonable way in near real time?

The use case is 2-3 workstations simultaneously working with maps, tracks etc. For example, one is downloading tracks from a GPS while the other is manipulating that data on the map.

Peter
    SAR Global 1
    Ottawa Canada

• Hi Peter,

currently not because qv is using the the database in single-user mode and there is no locking mechanism preventing multiple users accessing the same data at the same time.

But... ;)

QV is already prepared to use the multi-user version of the database. to setup this, some extra effort is necessary.

Tom

• But... ;)
    QV is already prepared to use the multi-user version of the database. to setup this, some extra effort is necessary.

Did we miss something or overlooked?
    Haben wir da etwas verpaßt oder übersehen?

Gruß
    LUDGER

BELAeasy MACAU

Fujitsu- LIFEBOOK A357: Intel- Core i5-7200U, 2.5 GHz, W10/64-Pro (32 GB RAM,) Intel HD 620 Grafik, 500 GB SSD inside
    Lenovo-MIIX Tablet: Intel Atom x5-z8350, 1,44 GHz, W10/64-Pro (4 GB RAM,) Intel HD 400 Grafik, 64 GB eMMC inside

EasyROUTES v4, QVM-A v3.5.2 beta (CYRUS CS 24 Work), QV7 PU v7.4.0.5, QVX PU v1.0.9.12

• Tom,

If the extra effort is reasonable I would be very interested to know how to do this. It would be very useful. Is there any documentation on how to do this?

thanks

Peter

• Tom

Second I still need to do some changes and tests in QV to fully support this client-server technology. We didn't finish this until now, because there was no demand.

First we need the server version of the database
    http://www.valentina-db.com/de/products/…a-office-server
    I believe, up to 5 users its even for free, but I'm not sure, because its a third-party product.

Hi Peter,

I wanted to reply indicating that we are also seeking multi user support in the same manner as the first poster. Please let us know when you have tweaked the software to work in this manner.

Thanks